Full GEMPAK (SPC -- N-AWIPS) computer system for sale

I still need to get rid of the GEMPAK system I got installed for me last year to pay for some stuff. I paid $500 to get the software (and Linux) professionally installed onto a $600 computer (tower + monitor) -- so the total worth value for everything is officially $1,100.00. GEMPAK -- or N-AWIPS -- is a professional forecasting software and is used operationally and was developed by the Storm Prediction Center.

It's basically one-step down from AWIPS, which is used operationally in every NWS office (which will never be made available to the public). Data feed comes from an internet connection. The N-SHARP program is the most powerful and coolest skew-t software on the planet. You can modify both the thermodynamic and kinematic structure of the atmosphere -- at any level you like. You can also use any parcel you'd like (surface-based / 100mb mean layer / most unstable in the lowest 300mb or user-defined) to compute different low-level thermodynamics -- i.e. LCL / LFC -- and parameters such as CINH, CAPE, etc. You can modify the kinematic structure to generate your own hodograph as well (obviously excellent when having to modify low-level wind structure to represent a nearby area that didn't have a sounding).

The package comes with the full computer (monitor + tower + keyboard + mouse) with Linux / GEMPAK already installed and ready to go as soon as you plug your computer in! I need the money ASAP, so I'll sell it for $450 OBO (this is a +$1,100 value). PM me.

I still need to sell this system and ASAP. I still need the extra money! I'd be willing to sell the whole system for $300... PM me with any questions you've got.

NOTICE: This item is STILL for sale (for the same price of $300). If anyone is interested, just PM me.

I had an offer a couple of weeks ago, and I was told the money order was being sent, but I have yet to recieve it. Ergo, it's still for sale.

Back