FS: Nikon D40x & Tamron 18-270mm Lens

I am posting a placeholder for a good working camera kit I am parting with. I am the owner of two Nikon DSLR cameras and truth be told, my focus on video has alleviated the need for two DSRL bodies and thus I am parting with one and a prized lens.

Pictures to come, but here is the jist of this lot..

1 Nikon DSLR D40x Body with Lens Cover
1 Tamron 18-270mm Lens with all caps

Both items are in perfect working order, cosmetically in terrific shape, and will be good right out of the box.

The ONLY issue I have with this combo is sometimes the weight of this lens on the camera makes the body think there is no lens attached. Usually turning the camera on and off will work. The lens and body work perfectly aside from that annoyance. If you are looking at other Nikon lenses, this body will work just fine. I have never had issues with the body or lens other than that problem, and I don't think its a problem with either item on there own.

I will include other accessories, including batteries, etc.

The asking price for the entire lot is $750 including USPS Priority Mail shipping. My goal is to purchase the Adobe Creative Suite 4 software package, thus I am trying to make a virtual trade. Buying together knocks off $75 for the separation of the items.

If you're interested in one or the other, I will break the lot up and include the necessary accessories.

Tamron 18-270mm Lens: $475 including shipping.
Nikon D40x Body: $350 including shipping.

DISCLAIMER: I have searched prices online via Ebay and Amazon and given the condition of my items, feel these are fair prices.

Here is what I have found in searches on Ebay and Amazon...

Amazon.com/Ebay Tamron 18-270mm
NEW: $570-$629 ($150 rebate available via Amazon @ $629)
USED: Approx $450 (Ebay has bids in mid/upper 300s)

Amazon.com/Ebay Nikon D40x Body ONLY
NEW: $445-$850
USED: $309-$430

Buying from me saves you the hassle of dealing with other online sellers, skips the whole Ebay route, and gets you a product from a chaser selling to a chaser, so you know more than enough about what its been used for. I am up front regarding any issues I have had with the items I am selling to the best of my knowledge with the experience I have had.

I accept PayPal, and can do cash/check/money order via snail mail, whatever. If you have any questions, please shoot me a PM and I will get back to you.

Camera and lens still for sale.. below are a few pictures of the items..

nikonD40x_01.JPG

nikonD40x_02.JPG

nikonD40x_03.JPG

nikonD40x_04.JPG

nikonD40x_05.JPG

nikonD40x_06.JPG

nikonD40x_07.JPG

Back