FS: Canon 10-22mm lens with polarizer, 2.5 months old

This is the Canon 10-22mm EF-S 3.5 USM wide-angle lens with a Sunpak 77mm circular polarizer, only used for 2 and a half months. Please see photos here. I purchased this lens primarily to use on an aerial photo session via helicopter over downtown St. Louis. You can see the results of that here:

STL Aerials Gallery

A few other shots taken with this lens:

STL sunset
Arch blue sky 1
Arch blue sky 2
Kentucky lightning
Busch Stadium World Series fireworks

I am selling the lens since I have finished capturing the photos I needed it for. I purchased both the lens and polarizer brand new on September 15, 2011 from Creve Coeur Camera in O'Fallon, Illinois.

The lens is in perfect condition with no scratches or scuffs. It has never been dropped. Included are:

- the front and back lens covers
- the case for the polarizer
- the original box and packaging
- the original purchase receipt dated 9/15/11

I have to sell the polarizer together with the lens since it doesn't fit any other lenses or cameras I have.

$700 shipped (via FedEx ground & insured) for both the lens and polarizer to verified USA addresses. Payment must arrive and clear before the lens is shipped.

Please email or PM with any questions.

Pictures are available here

This is a great deal on a great lens! I have the 10-22 and am thrilled with it. These are around $850 brand new.
If you need a wide angle, buy this before someone else does!

A couple more items to note. You can see on the receipt (in the photos link) what I paid for the lens. $859.99 for the lens and $58.49 for the polarizer (before sales tax).

Ebay shows completed auctions for this lens between $650 and $710, and that is for the lens by itself (no polarizer) and in most cases does not include shipping.

I am in no hurry to sell this, and I would prefer to sell to a chaser in the community. eBay has become too difficult, risky and expensive for sellers, so I will not be listing it on there.

Another point I wanted to add is the reason I'm selling the lens. I bought the 10-22mm specifically for the St. Louis aerials project. I had considered renting it for this, but the logistics of getting the rental picked up (if it was even available), on the west side of St. Louis (an hour's drive from home), on short notice, when a nice clear sky morning happened (no clouds or fog) was going to be too difficult. I decided to buy so I'd always have the lens on the ready, and also to have a leisurely pace to get a few unique angles of the Arch when the sky cooperated. It was cheaper to buy and keep the lens for a few months and then sell than it would have been to rent long-term, particularly since Canon lenses retain value very well. I was happy with the lens, but for the day-to-day things I do and for chasing, it is too high-end of a lens for my otherwise hobby-geared purposes.

I'm looking to buy the exact same lens. I may get with you in the next few days if nobody snags it.

Back