Foster's Online Garage sale, ham gear, camera, weather station, etc.

Jason Foster

OK...I've really got to make some moves to unload this stuff. Just sitting around collecting dust.

All this stuff is listed here (plus more): http://www.onlinejason.net/forsale.html

Trying to sell as a lot:

$400 Kenwood TS-440s HF Radio (needs lithium memory battery replaced, but radio is 100% otherwise)
$200 Kenwood TS-711a VHF all-mode radio (All functions work, but has lower power output)
$ 75 Kenwood SP-430 Extenstion Speaker (matches above units)
$ 75 Kenwood TM-251a (x2) VHF 2meter (144-146mhz) mobile radio pair (handyman special)

$ 75 Diamond SG-7900 Dual Band hi-gain mobile antenna (PL) (older non-tilt over)
$100 Mirage 2 meter 150 - 200 watt out / 2 - 4 watts in Amplifier (not sure it's fully functional)
$ 75 TenTec HF Manual Antenna Tuner

$ 75 Pyramid 30amp solid state power supply
$ 65 Pyramid 20amp solid state power supply

$ 30 MFJ VHF SWR Meter
$ 30 MFJ HF SWR Meter

$ 50 Kantronics KAMplus (SOLD)

$100 Davis Weather Monitor II wired weather station (wind/temp)
$200 Davis Weather Vantage Pro wireLESS weather station (wind/temp/dew/rain) ready for mobile platform

$300 Canon XT DSLR w/28-80 lens. Fair condition, needs cleaning, lens has a small crack in it.

All together that is $1850, but bulk sales often mean more stuff for less money...so I'm thinking $1400 + shipping for EVERYTHING above.

Last edited by a moderator:

IMG_20782sell.jpg

IMG_20795sell.jpg

IMG_20808sell.jpg

IMG_20814sell.jpg

IMG_20812sell.jpg

Definitely not interested in buying it in bulk, but I am interested in the weather stations. Can I get pictures of both? Has either one been used, and if so, in what conditions?

More pictures and info & gear are forthcoming. I'm in Baltimore doing some speculative filming, so it'll be later today or tonight, but I'll get those weather station images up, plus I'm gonna add two scanners and a shortwave radio to the mix. If the big bulk is too much, I'll certainly entertain a smaller group offer (just the SSB rigs or just the meters, etc.).

Sorry for the delays, was given a 'forced vacation' from ST.

Definitely not interested in buying it in bulk, but I am interested in the weather stations. Can I get pictures of both? Has either one been used, and if so, in what conditions?
I've got quite a few inquires on the stations. Are you looking to get both? Condition is fair to good. The Monitor II is in good shape, just doesn't have the nice dew pt. sensor. The Vantage Pro is fair to good since the display is missing a tad of the liquid crystals. Doesn't affect the prime data, just the rain totals...it's hardly an issue. I will post a picture. The sensor suite is all together still on my mobile mount setup, but not the mobile base (that broke). It's perfectly set up for a mobile or home setup, although the temp/dew pt. sensor housing should be changed a tad...sunlight still pushes the reading too high. I have the original Davis mount/radiation shield too.

Would you consider selling just the Kantronics KAMplus?
Yes, I would...the KAMplus is a nice thing, but not a high demand (like a cheap HF rig is). I didn't get around to adding this just yet...but the price is set low because I couldn't seem to get it to go with the newer operating systems in 1998 or so. I used it in the late 90s for APRS, but I upgraded to Vista....couldn't seem to get it to go. I have the cord ready to go for the TM-251a radios as that is what I used it with, along with a Garmin GPSIII+. I did not use it for packet at all.

BUMP on the pictures.
Coming soon...I promise.

New item...and I'm going to start trying to sell things separately.

New item: 2000 - 2004 Subaru Legacy / Outback Wagon rear OEM rubber mat / liner. These are great, but this one is the wrong fit for my 1997. I've used it but it doesn't cover the entire wagon floor area the right way. I know a few of you chasers got Subies.

IMG_21521lgtcom.jpg

I rinsed the mat off and took a picture. It looks better in person...the flash on the camera made it look more faded.

Asking $50+shipping (~$15 from what I've seen others charge). Dog bone not included ;-)

That's a tad low since it's coming w/ the datalink. Actually $200 was really if it was purchased with the Davis Monitor II $100 more. A kind of discounted package deal. They still fetch those prices on eBay. I tell you what though...If you buy both stations ($300) I will include the shipping costs.

Greg Higgins:

Sent you a reply PM...hopefully they are going through.

Ehh, I'm afraid that's just not in my budget this time of year. I'll have to pass on this one. Best of luck with the sale.