Forum merger with the weather ch

I have major concerns with this. Will sections like target area still be moderated like it is now with rules on posting?

Also, I do not agree with the fact that if I post a picture of mine that the weather ch gets rights to post it on air. I am a photographer and I want to keep all rights to my photos. If the weather ch wants them, they will have to pay me.

I have many other major concerns right now but I'm too pissed to think straight right now...

"The Stormtrack team is excited to announce that we have agreed to be acquired by The Weather Channel effective May 10, 2011, and this will involve a rebranding of the site. Given the issues of costs and effort to run the site, we decided that this offers the best opportunity to expand our community. Furthermore, sponsorship of the forum by a broadcast media outlet means we can make an even bigger impact on severe weather safety and education.

We understand that this will cause some concern and possibly an exodus among our veteran users, however we are pleased to pass along news that the administrator role will be filled by field reporter Jim Cantore, at least until the onset of hurricane season. This will bring unparalleled perspective and expertise to the board. It is expected that one of his segments during severe weather outbreaks will be in sharing Target Area details with viewers as breaking news develops.

Our corporate contacts at The Weather Channel have promised assurances that there will be no major changes to the board, at least with the following exceptions: the forum will be opened to general public access, and a Storm Stories forum will be provided to tell the stories of those who have endured and survived severe weather, hopefully educating and saving lives. Also, any content posted after May 10, including REPORTS photo and video, are subject to be used in on-air programming.

Under the terms of the sale, my role in Stormtrack will cease on May 10. However I have agreed to help facilitate a smooth transition. We’d like to thank everyone who has been a part of Stormtrack so far and look forward to opening a new chapter for our unique community.

Tim Vasquez
Administrator"

Edit:
Unless this is an April fools day joke....

Everything you say is correct. All videos and photos that are uploaded to ST can be used by the wx channel for free since they will be part of ST. The target area will change in the fact that Jim Cantore will group us up and tell us what section of the country he wants us to chase, but we will get paid for it though. Every month the wx channel will interview a ST member and fly us to Atlanta for a 3 day 2 night stay for free. Why get pissed at this Brian? I think it's a good thing!

Brian, Jim Cantore will answer your concerns at a later date. We're not allowed to disclose any further details until all of the legal nuances have been taken care of.

From what I have heard, they do something like this every year on April 1st. I don't think we should worry.

This is not an April Fools joke!

Tim is stepping down to deal with personal issues and he asked the wx channel to take over.

Ok, I just thought it was funny that you got so worked up. Yes, this was an April Fools joke, and you got fooled!!!!

Maybe Jim can get Dr. Forbes to post a TorCon index by region every day. Tell everyone where to chase so they don't need to read the target area and follow people around! ;)

Back