For Those Enjoying WINTER (not enjoying OK Tornadoes)

First of all...
Originally posted by Jeff Piotrowski
I saw a small tornado 5 miles north of the Chandler just west of Hwy 18. I love Oklahoma weather.

Jeff Piotrowski :D

Jeff.. :bootyshake: :pottytrain1: :pottytrain2: Seriously, though.. congrats! That's awesome!

I'm actually starting this thread for those of us who can't add a report.. basically for those of us watching with drool hanging from our mouths realizing that its ONLY November and we'll (most of us) be playing in snow here shortly (those of us in Denver very very shortly)...

All this really makes me even more homesick for the Plains.. this is the thread for us envious/jealous folks who are enjoying the true meaning of late fall/winter... NO STORMS! *LOL*

Glad you all got some action in OK today.. even happier to hear they were more of a annoyance as opposed to a devestating event.. enjoy your teaser, winter's coming for you, too! :evil4: MUWAHAHAHAHAHA...

You will now be sent back to your regularly scheduled SDS...

:sad11:

Im right there with ya...whats the deal with all this? Yesterday's high temperature was near 70F here in central Illinois...and today, heavy snow is possible...with lows in the upper teens...to you OK chasers...I give you my most treasured finger :wink:

Dont worry guys...Christmas is about a month away, and thats going to fly by...and after that, we only got January and February to get through...and storm season is right back upon us.

So, we've only got three months to get all our new toys..and fix any problems before we can really get back into the swing of things again!

Just goes to show ya, when it comes to tornadoes, Oklahoma ain't a bad place to be :wink:

Aaaagggghhhhh! He said the "W word"! Nyah nyah winter can't get me! :bootyshake:

Seriously though, I can't stand the cold, despite being born in the winter and being Canadian. I am a warm wx person. I hate shovelling, I hate ice, and I hate -20 C degree temps! LOL.

Actually, putting all that aside, I don't mind a good winter storm every now and then. Especially thundersnow! And I guess it isn't so bad now that we got a snowblower LOL.

Originally posted by Laura Duchesne

Actually, putting all that aside, I don't mind a good winter storm every now and then. Especially thundersnow! And I guess it isn't so bad now that we got a snowblower LOL.

Yeah...last February I believe...however i seem to get 03 and 04 mixed up...whichever it was, we had a severe thundersnow here in Illinois. Saw Severe Thunderstorm Warnings going up all over the place, while it was some 25F outside and became quite confused. But...nonetheless...areas witnessed 60-70 mph winds and frequent lightning...in a little thunder-snow-storm.

Just goes to show ya, when it comes to tornadoes, Oklahoma ain't a bad place to be

I couldn't agree more. All newbies and vacationers think OK in 05 and you will be set.

Originally posted by APritchard
But...nonetheless...areas witnessed 60-70 mph winds and frequent lightning...in a little thunder-snow-storm.

Hey cool! :thumbup: I wonder if anyone has ever managed taking pics of lightning in a thundersnow? I don't remember ever seeing any, but if you come across one, send me a link.

Originally posted by Mike Hollingshead
Just goes to show ya, when it comes to tornadoes, Oklahoma ain't a bad place to be

I couldn't agree more. All newbies and vacationers think OK in 05 and you will be set.

Since aquiring my first car this fall...I do plan to take my first trip to the plains this spring/summer. Not planning on a week long vacation or anything like that...im close enough, that I will likely just play the big days out there. That does however, depend on how well I heal up over the winter...if healthy enough and I get back in baseball, my free time will be cut in half.

Originally posted by Tony Laubach+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tony Laubach)</div>
Glad you all got some action in OK today.. even happier to hear they were more of a annoyance as opposed to a devestating event.. enjoy your teaser, winter's coming for you, too! MUWAHAHAHAHAHA...[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-APritchard

Im right there with ya...whats the deal with all this? Yesterday's high temperature was near 70F here in central Illinois...and today, heavy snow is possible...with lows in the upper teens...to you OK chasers...I give you my most treasured finger

Oh yeah? Well you folks in the High Plains and Midwest spend all of June July and August getting all the cool storms while we sit down here under 95/75 conditions with a .0001% chance of rain for 90+ afternoons in a row! So there!!! :tongue: :pottytrain2:

Originally posted by Jeff Wear+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jeff Wear)</div>
Originally posted by Tony Laubach@
Glad you all got some action in OK today.. even happier to hear they were more of a annoyance as opposed to a devestating event.. enjoy your teaser, winter's coming for you, too! MUWAHAHAHAHAHA...

<!--QuoteBegin-APritchard

Im right there with ya...whats the deal with all this? Yesterday's high temperature was near 70F here in central Illinois...and today, heavy snow is possible...with lows in the upper teens...to you OK chasers...I give you my most treasured finger

Oh yeah? Well you folks in the High Plains and Midwest spend all of June July and August getting all the cool storms while we sit down here under 95/75 conditions with a .0001% chance of rain for 90+ afternoons in a row! So there!!! :tongue: :pottytrain2:[/b]

Thats right, *In Homer Simpson voice..."heheh....suckers..."*
Our season begins with a couple teasers in march...and then lasts right through September, and in this years case...October. We were basking in violent tornadoes this summer whilst you all played with the sun rays. Enjoy your summer boys and girls...we sure enjoy ours.

The best thing i can think of is windstorms on the west/east coast of
Canada.We can get some big ones this time of the year.960mb or better
for me.

Back