Finally some excitement?

Okay, I'm really stretching this, but I'm pretty desperate for some weather action. I know the GFS isn't the most reliable model in the world, but the last few days it's been pretty consistant in developing a pretty nice sized storm system for the eastern half of the country around November 8th-9th. Yesterday it had the Dakotas in a blizzard, today it's tracked a bit further south.

I know this is really stretching, but this is what I've got my eyes on for now. Anyone else been watching this yet?

I saw this a few days ago. I was thinking how wild this weather pattern is in the sense that we could see 70's and 80's in the Plains with some major sever weather potential in the next week or two.

I thought that warm front over the midwest was very intense...and was expecting to see an overrunning snow setup. But that doesn';t happen with 558 heights. Tornadoes may be more the rule if this pans out. Simply amazing. And talk about unseasonably warm weather!!! Maybe I'll have to catch a red eye to OKC or Kansas City if the storm sits there for a few days. lol

I saw this a few days ago. I was thinking how wild this weather pattern is in the sense that we could see 70's and 80's in the Plains with some major sever weather potential in the next week or two.

I thought that warm front over the midwest was very intense...and was expecting to see an overrunning snow setup. But that doesn';t happen with 558 heights. Tornadoes may be more the rule if this pans out. Simply amazing. And talk about unseasonably warm weather!!! Maybe I'll have to catch a red eye to OKC or Kansas City if the storm sits there for a few days. lol

I hope this pans out too...especially for the KC area. If a major severe weather outbreak occurs around here this late in the year ...I would be majorly shocked. I've been watching the models periodically as well, I just havent got too excited yet considering this is still very long range. I'll be keeping a sharp eye on it though. Maybe some more chase days are on the horizon for us in the Plains...

Back