External Cell Antenna

I would reccommend the wilson mag mount antenna as well. I live in a rural area as well, with lots of hills. Since purchasing the antenna, I have NOT EVER had a problem with signal, or dropped calls due to signal loss.

I went on a dry run yesterday. I took a tour of south Georgia (talk about the middle of nowhere) between Valdosta and a little hamlet called Fargo, I only had a call dropped once, and that was I think because the phone wasnt cell hopping. I turned the phone off/on, it found another site, 2 bars but enough to resume calling. Im using the Wilson Trucker antenna, I would recommend it! I got some cool pics of the front that came through yesterday, reported some small hail to my buds at Jax NWS office, so the chase vehicle has been christened!!
:D

I use the wilson mag mount antenna with the wilson dual band 3 watt booster for my sony-erikson pc card and I get full service for miles after my cell phone goes out of service. If you do buy a 3 watt booster be sure to go ahead and buy the dual band, I made the mistake of using the single band and found myself swithcing between the booster and just the external antenna while trying to drive and look up data on the internet. It is well worth the extra $100 to get the dual band. You can find these boosters on ebay for about $190 after shipping. Other benefits that no one has mentioned is the data speed is so much faster with the booster. On a good tower I get close to dsl speed while driving.

I know of at least one Media Chaser that uses this (or one similar) and it really does help. He's able to get better connections in areas that simply don't have regular cell service. They are a bit pricey, but if you use the cell for everything, then it's worth it.

Myself? I keep hoping for Christmas.

Im the only one having trouble with the wilson trucker antenna - worked well for a month and then quit - or my phone quit - either way somethings not working - sending unit back for new one

I've used the Wilson mag mount with amplifier for a couple of years now with a few different phones (different adapters). Adapters cheap and available at major truck stops. It helps reception big time. Wouldn't chase without it.

db

A friend of mine was chasing with me this year in his own vehicle. We were both using Cingular service and the Sony Ericsson GC83 PC card. When he would lose the signal, I would still have 3 or 4 bars of signal strength using the Wilson antenna. So, I would HIGHLY recommend it. Next year, I'll get the 3-watt booster to make it even better.

Back