Editing software for Huffy compression

I have problems with Pinnacle 9 having 'rendering errors' when placeing a text overlay on a screen. Sometimes it happens right away, other times it will happen halfway through. It seems pretty random but always frustrating. Eventually, I had to get rid of all my text to get it to render into an AVI. I had another project where all the text eventually rendered OK. I have all the updates. I'm done with it.

My main issue now is that Pinnacle 10 no longer supports the format a lot of my video is saved in, HuffyUV. That's a lossless AVI format that I find great for editing with in VirtualDub. Mainly it comes in useful when I need to speed up a video more than the 5x that P.S. allows.

So now I'm kinda stuck looking for new software. I don't need anything fancy or even DVD oriented. I just need something that allows you to put text titles on AVI video (Huffy) and control the volume of the video with soundtacks in the background. If it wasn't for the sound part, I could use VirtualDub. Any suggestions?

[EDIT] I guess really all I need is software that can do titles. If it comes down to it, I can render without titles and with music in Studio 9, and then add the titles in with something else.

I have problems with Pinnacle 9 having 'rendering errors' when placeing a text overlay on a screen. Sometimes it happens right away, other times it will happen halfway through. It seems pretty random but always frustrating. Eventually, I had to get rid of all my text to get it to render into an AVI. I had another project where all the text eventually rendered OK. I have all the updates. I'm done with it.

My main issue now is that Pinnacle 10 no longer supports the format a lot of my video is saved in, HuffyUV. That's a lossless AVI format that I find great for editing with in VirtualDub. Mainly it comes in useful when I need to speed up a video more than the 5x that P.S. allows.

So now I'm kinda stuck looking for new software. I don't need anything fancy or even DVD oriented. I just need something that allows you to put text titles on AVI video (Huffy) and control the volume of the video with soundtacks in the background. If it wasn't for the sound part, I could use VirtualDub. Any suggestions?

[EDIT] I guess really all I need is software that can do titles. If it comes down to it, I can render without titles and with music in Studio 9, and then add the titles in with something else.
[/b]

Im sure some will roll their eyes here as im fanatical about VEGAS software.. :rolleyes: lol
It is now owned by Sony.. The great thing about it was that Sonic Foundry was the original creator and the software they created was not only simplistic when compared to other Higher End Apps.. But it has rock solid stability..

i wholeheartedly recommend VEGAS. I do not own their stock or am i in anyways affiliated with their company.. i just really love their rocksolid intuitive software.

NOTE* The Sony Moviemaker software you can buy at Best Buy for 90$ is a dumbed down version that will probably work fine for most needs here..

Back