Dr. Gray's August 5 Update

For what it's worth, Dr. Gray's forecast is independent of the NOAA NHC/TPC forecast, if I'm not mistaken. Those (Gray's and NOAA's) are the two main tropical weather activity forecasts used in the U.S...

I stand to be correct.

I just seen the prediction and figured it was associated with the NHC forecast in some way. :oops:

Either way, that's an insane number of named storms! And for what it's worth, Joe Bastardi at Accuweather has tried to coorelate hurricane activity with long range winter predictions. So far, his methods usually seem more accurate than those used by the CPC. An active hurricane season = a rather stormy winter. Not sure why or his backing for such a claim, and it would be real interesting to find out...

I wonder if Newfoundland will get hit this year. The last one spawned a tornado that nearly leveled a whole town.

For what it's worth, Dr. Gray's forecast is independent of the NOAA NHC/TPC forecast, if I'm not mistaken. Those (Gray's and NOAA's) are the two main tropical weather activity forecasts used in the U.S...

I stand to be correct.

I just seen the prediction and figured it was associated with the NHC forecast in some way. :oops:

Either way, that's an insane number of named storms! And for what it's worth, Joe Bastardi at Accuweather has tried to coorelate hurricane activity with long range winter predictions. So far, his methods usually seem more accurate than those used by the CPC. An active hurricane season = a rather stormy winter. Not sure why or his backing for such a claim, and it would be real interesting to find out...

Maybe whatever factors that create an active hurricane season also provide more moisture overland for the winter storms.

Back