• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

Does someone know of any DVDs for the 2013 Oklahoma F5 twisters?

Thabks for the link. Do you know of one for the El Reno F5 as well?

I *eventually* would like to see a DVD or online download of a documentary video for this event due to it's significance, but it wouldn't surprise me right now if anyone who would put something together like this is loathe to sell one or even make one to sell, because of the direct impact the El Reno F5 had on so many chasers, and the hurt that is still relatively fresh, of the deaths of chasers Tim/Paul Samaras and Carl Young.

Last edited by a moderator:
That could be of course - a valid point - but many of the twister DVDs are those from fatal storms of course. My mom said The Weather Ch. had some special on it actually but I did not see it.

I think it is worthy of a documentary for several reasons.

A lot of people try and aim to have their DVDs ready in time for ChaserCon in February, so I'm sure there's a lot of people still working on theirs.

That could be of course - a valid point - but many of the twister DVDs are those from fatal storms of course. My mom said The Weather Ch. had some special on it actually but I did not see it

Death is always bad but that storm hit home for many of us. The Weather Channel. meh! rolls eyes.

PBS Nova did a re-airing of their episode 'Deadliest Tornadoes' called 'Oklahoma's Deadliest Tornadoes' which mentions the Moore EF5 in 2013. I can't remember if it mentions El Reno or not I'd have to go back and re-watch.

Back