Distance To Empty (2011-2013 Storm Chase Adventures by Shane Adams)

Shane Adams

I'm pleased and proud to announce the release of my 7th storm chasing DVD, "Distance To Empty." This compilation is a charming little homebrew of unprofessionally-shot footage highlighting my best stuff during the 2011-2013 chase seasons. Standard definition, sometimes-shaky footage of lesser-known events, unique angles of some better-known events, and probably more footage than most will sit through of some marquee events. Real audio and video, just as it happened, with the exception of a short video still montage set to music. Events included are as follows:

February 27, 2011 - Grainola, OK tornado
April 3, 2012 - Fort Worth, TX roping tornado
April 14, 2012 - Woods/Alfalfa Co, OK tornadofest
May 15, 2013 - Annetta, TX tornadoes
May 18, 2013 - Rozel/Sanford, KS tornadoes (almost complete life cycle of Rozel, 26 solid minutes)
May 19, 2013 - Viola, KS tornado

Details and ordering here: http://www.passiontwist.com/distance.htm

I got my copy a couple days ago, just finished watching last night and really enjoyed it.

Shane's shooting and editing style are very down-to-earth. The banter between him and Bridget and other chase partners reflects a lot of the excitement and frustrations and tough decisions of the chase, with bonus moments such as the seatbelt crisis of Freedom, Oklahoma, the bleeping trees & surprise satellite near Carmen, and the ongoing quest for views with better contrast. And of course the bullseye: lots of tornado footage, from the frantic, last minute rope-out in Fort Worth, to a cyclic tornado-producing machine in northwest Oklahoma, to the isolated, never-say-die grandeur of Rozel we get tornadoes in all their personalities—grungy to starkly isolated, Oz-elephant trunks to stovepipes to slender ropes and on and on. Thanks for the great chase DVD, Shane!

I have had a chance to watch Shane Adams' storm chase highlights, "Distance to Empty" with tornadoes from 2011-2013. Ride along with Shane and Bridget as they chase some nice setups across Oklahoma, Kansas and Texas including the May 18 Rozel, Kansas beautiful tornadoes and the April 14, 2012 tornado outbreak. They have have a few lesser known tornadoes on the DVD including some that I hadn't not seen video or reports. The editing is straightforward and unpretentious. Shane documents a variety of tornado shapes and sizes. This is a very enjoyable storm chase DVD and definitely recommended for the tornado DVD collection. As usual for a Shane release, the language is a bit coarse. I don't mind, but I wouldn't play it with audio for the little ones. I certainly love the entertaining and colorful conversation between Shane and Bridget. Bill Hark

Back