Did I miss something?

Is political discussion allowed now in B&G? Briefly looking around the board, I don't see the reminder not to talk politics, and people clearly seem more comfortable bring the topic up in threads.

Just wondering, I have no problem either way. Perhaps this changed recently?

Is political discussion allowed now in B&G? Briefly looking around the board, I don't see the reminder not to talk politics, and people clearly seem more comfortable bring the topic up in threads.

Nah, cause I had a moderator PM right on cue after my brief political comment the other day. Rest-assured, this place hasn't changed at all from what it's been the past 2-3 years.

It's certainly become a Wild West situation lately.. I thought the same thing.

Shane Adams said:
Nah, cause I had a moderator PM right on cue after my brief political comment the other day. Rest-assured, this place hasn't changed at all from what it's been the past 2-3 years.

Posts still must comply with the general rules and guidelines, which includes the provision that the post be on-topic and relevant to the thread. As always, if your post is not on topic, it will be deleted. One is welcome to start a new thread if desired.

The prohibition on religious and political discussion in B&G has been lifted. From the relevant part in a recent post by Tim V.:

6. Bar & Grill is going to be changed into a subscribe-only forum. Right now we have no intention of getting rid of it as Stormtrack is divided between those who want a professional no-nonsense forum as well as users who want a socially-networked chase community. You will have to subscribe to it in your user control panel to see it. This approach privatizes the forum and ensures that people are only viewing it by voluntarily and by making an effort to subscribe to it. We will also eliminate the topic prohibitions and put all content under the blanket of our standards of conduct. Penalties there will strengthened to include 30-day suspensions from Bar & Grill without warning for ad hominem attacks, flame wars, and trolling/flamebaiting.

The problem is there's too much off-topic discussion on this forum, which is already hurting for true seasoned chaser content. My idea as a candidate for moderator was to eliminate all the non-chasing stuff from "protocol" and concentrate on the portions of StormTrack that matter: Education, General Chasing, and Reports. As it is, 90% of moderator actions are required after off-topic posts. These posts are generated because so much non-chasing discussion is allowed on here.

For a forum that voted "quantity over quality", I sure seem to be getting my balls put in a vice over meaningless crap. If off-topic discussions are to be allowed to begin with, why must I be censored for taking those discussions off-topic when it's very relative to the point?

I think there needs to be less focus on the B&G when it comes to conversations getting "off-topic." Sure, keep the non-inflammatory and explicit content out... but most conversations inherently get off topic (and that's excluding the fact that most B&G topics are ridiculous to begin with).

With that said, I think the rest of ST is fine. The posts in the "Weather and chasing," "Winter weather discussion," and the "Target Area" forums don't blatantly stand out as being off-topic IMO.

The problem is there's too much off-topic discussion on this forum, which is already hurting for true seasoned chaser content. My idea as a candidate for moderator was to eliminate all the non-chasing stuff from "protocol" and concentrate on the portions of StormTrack that matter: Education, General Chasing, and Reports. As it is, 90% of moderator actions are required after off-topic posts. These posts are generated because so much non-chasing discussion is allowed on here.

For a forum that voted "quantity over quality", I sure seem to be getting my balls put in a vice over meaningless crap. If off-topic discussions are to be allowed to begin with, why must I be censored for taking those discussions off-topic when it's very relative to the point?

I couldn't have said it better myself....I would totally agree in that most actions by the mods are in direct relation to off topic crap conversations.

Hey, it is what it is.....it's called ST

Back