DeLorme Street Atlas 2006

After checking the laptop last night - I can now say that it is in fact StreetAtlas 2005 that we were using - not 2004. And it still sucks.

KR

I use Topo USA 4.0 and Mobile threat net at the same time while chasing. Both are very resource intensive and apparently have memory leaks. At about five hours the entire system will come to its knees and require a reboot. My laptop has 512 Meg of memory, a friend running a full gig of memory can by without the reboot.

Topo is nice it that it will help you find the hills, which can enable you to hit that remote repeater and also get a better view of the storm.

Originally posted by Bob Hall
I use Topo USA 4.0 and Mobile threat net at the same time while chasing. Both are very resource intensive and apparently have memory leaks. At about five hours the entire system will come to its knees and require a reboot. My laptop has 512 Meg of memory, a friend running a full gig of memory can by without the reboot.

Topo is nice it that it will help you find the hills, which can enable you to hit that remote repeater and also get a better view of the storm.

Hey Bob does Topo USA also do the same as StreetAtlas? I mean do you get the same roads or does it show the roads better than StreetAtlas or the same but with hills?

Back