Dash Cam Recommendations

I've always had a mount with a mini video cam. It works ok but the field of view is pretty limited so I'm always making adjustments.

What do you have? I'm not looking to break the bank. This is strictly for chasing purposes.

So I made the upgrade this year I switched to a HDMI Capture card for my HD camcorder.

Pyle PHDRCB48 HDMI Video Capture Device

It is SUCH an improvement from a webcam as a dash cam.

I'm still running a chinese knockoff HD go-pro. Its not great, but it works. I can usually get 5 hours before switching 32GB micro-SD cards. It will run directly from my car's USB power so batteries not an issue. Next year I may upgrade to something hardwired with front and rear views, for chasing and just regular commute.

Thank you Bill for the plug :) Unfortunately I stopped doing reviews a couple of years ago - the dashcam field is evolving too fast to keep up with, plus the folks at http://dashcamtalk.com have been doing a great job of keeping up with all of the latest models and current recommendations. On my site I do have a couple of thoughts and experiences on using dashcams vs Gopros for chasing if that is of any interest.

Back