Copyright Infringement Reports (Review guidelines in post #1 before posting here)

I would like to ask this fellow 'chaser' to please remove one of my photos, that he claims as one of his own, off of his facebook account and wherever else it may be or any other chasers' photos that he has claimed.

I would appreciate your cooperation Mr. Patterson.

http://utulsa.facebook.com/photo.ph...2260538542&aid=-1&id=226600662&oid=2260538542

Darin

Interesting to see that name....he also isn't real good about paying for video when money is owed. A chaser friend of mine dealt with him on some 5-2-06 footage and when the check didn't show when promised, he spent weeks trying to contact him by phone and email, even posting a public request for a response on his blog. Definitely a blacklist name in my book.

Wow. Wasn't he a part of the "Tulsa Brotherhood" in the past? That's quite the back stab.

There seems to have been a HUGE misunderstanding and I would ask all of you who are questioning me to do so in a private message and I will answer any and all of your questions. I do apologize for any problems caused to anyone as it is not my intent to take any credit away from those who truely deserve it.

Sean Wilson, of Blown Away tours in Kansas City, is using one of my photos from 5/22/07 on his website. I didn't receive any credit for it, nor did he ever ask me to use it.

Link to his page with the photo.

Link to my page with the photo.

Just ran into this page, looks to be a collection somebody gathered and removed the ©'s. Warren, those are a couple of yours, yes?

Yep, Susan. That first link is definently 2 of Warrens' pictures (and one of among a few of my favorites!).

Warren is the reason I spent almost $500 on a new camera, so i could learn to take my own pictures like that.

Why on earth would you take the credit of a picture you didnt even take?? This makes no sense in my mind...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sean Wilson, of Blown Away tours in Kansas City, is using one of my photos from 5/22/07 on his website. I didn't receive any credit for it, nor did he ever ask me to use it.

Wow... judging by the summaries on the website, this is probably one of the worst 'tour groups' out there. IF this guy was actually on the Hill City sup, why would he steal a photo of it? My guess after reading his 'chase summary', is that he wasn't there and needs some material to attract customers. It would seem that he read the ST reports page and wrote up his own little summary.

As we sat in a convenience store parking lot, we waited for the sky to start talking...they exploded into the atmosphere, so we got right on them.

LOL!
About us:
"Sean is a veteran Storm Chaser, who is VERY SAFE and WILL NOT take chances that will put YOU in harms way.â€￾ My goal is to SAFELY put you in a position, up close to the storm, to give you the experience of a lifetime.â€￾ Your safety is NUMBER ONE with us."

2007 Season Summary:
"Our next chase took us to Dumas Texas where we saw eight tornadoes in one day. It was like the sky was falling. Tornadoes were all around us. It was on this chase that we had our “Twisterâ€￾ movie experience. We were in a ravine, driving backwards trying to get out of the ditch with a tornado in hot pursuit of us. Happy ending. We got out of the ravine, the tornado went through the field next to us, and we got some great video."

Why on earth would you take the credit of a picture you didnt even take?? This makes no sense in my mind...

Me either. But, in the past we have had other actual STORM CHASERS swipe other people's pics, post them on their website as their own, and actually come back here and post a CHASE REPORT of them, of all things. To top that off, after the initial uproar over it dies down, they are welcomed back with open arms. Don't even try and ask me to understand that one.

Unless it's an honest mistake, I don't know why you would welcome them back with open arms. Tim obviously makes the rules, but if I were running the show I would think it would be totally appropriate to ban people from stormtrack that are guilty of blatant copyright infringements.
Remember that one guy, Billy something that stole all those pictures and decided that the best way to handle it was to go down with the ship. It said they were all his until the bitter end. That kind of thing should not be tolerated. These people that are trying to con innocent people into paying for a chase tour are no better IMO and are probably worse. If you don't have enough pictures of tornadoes to fill up your own website, then you either haven't been chasing long enough or you aren't successful enough to be taking other people out chasing. You are forging a resume by posting pictures that aren't yours. That is all those people have to go off of. The tour groups that do that are con artists IMO. If you want to do chase tours, that's great. I'm fine with that even if you suck at chasing. But shoot straigth with your customers. Be honest about your experience and success.

After looking at his car I'm pretty sure I've seen him in the field before. That or there is an OU kid that drives a gold Trail Blazer too. I talked to some guys in a trail blazer one time, but I'm pretty sure they were from OU. Just a quick hello at the gas station when we were filling up next to each other, so I didn't get much information.
Supposedly he's been chasing for a while, but I didn't see any pictures or video on his website to indicate he did anything noteworthy before 2007. I didn't look very hard though. I would think you would put some pics or video up from more than 2007 if you were trying to establish yourself as a seasoned chaser capable of taking out tours. Something doesn't seem right about that.

Well I flagged that with my copyright buster account they gave me. It should be gone soon.

That one contained several I KNOW were filed at the copyright office, including mine.

Me either. But, in the past we have had other actual STORM CHASERS swipe other people's pics, post them on their website as their own, and actually come back here and post a CHASE REPORT of them, of all things. To top that off, after the initial uproar over it dies down, they are welcomed back with open arms. Don't even try and ask me to understand that one.

I wasn't on here for awhile and I was confused as to why I saw that name again on post. I figured I just missed something while I was gone or everyone forgot. That was sure a heated time then.... Oh well

I don't get these videos. It's six minutes of ripped off footage and 30 seconds' worth of actual, original content this person injected in to create some ridiculous storyline. How bored are these people???

Also, these people are shameless, because this guy had a lot of stuff copyrighted "Sonicbomb.com", which is another guy who ripped those clips off before. So now the theives are being stolen from as well.

Back