Copyright Infringement Reports (Review guidelines in post #1 before posting here)

It's probably copyright infringement, but it's not something worth bothering with, at least IMO. Ultimately, only courts get to decide whether something is fair use or not, and that requires spending a lot of money to find out. I suspect a Federal District Court judge would be mighty annoyed if you brought an infringement like the above into his courtroom.

Pic with him on a car is from a article, not his. Tornado pic is from photostock.

I don't know who photostock is, but they're not authorized to license Mulvane. It's possible Wired bought a license, or Steve did, or that he's using a frame from Scott Currens' video from that day ( with or without permission). I'll find out shortly. This would be a usage Corbis would pursue, and Wired would have to pay. We shall see.

Thank you guys, once again, for helping me try to protect Eric's work.

I didn't see anything that looked stolen. I see 3 pictures of the sky/weather and given the subject I wouldn't care if someone stole that.

he either set privacy on them or removed them...they were definitely there earlier, now, not so much. The 3 he left, apparently, are the only photos he actually took.

I didn't see anything that looked stolen. I see 3 pictures of the sky/weather and given the subject I wouldn't care if someone stole that.

There were 15-20 photos taken by various chasers, some of which were apparently taken by Steve Miller_TX. After several PMs were sent, the pilfered photos were removed, so this case is closed.

This video that looks like it is from Nikon in Russia or another nation that uses the Cyrillic alphabet has some footage of Jim Reed from May 8, 2008 in his infamous run towards the landspout in western Kansas. It seems odd that they would use footage from 2008 in an advertisement for the Nikon D7000, which was not released until 2 1/2 years later. I might be wrong, but I doubt Jim Reed was asked for permission for this one.

Ha. This person/these people don't even try to hide it:

GREAT VIDEO by deepsouthwrx

Someone may want to download and check the iPhone app "Tornado Video!". While I have no idea if the videos that are contained are infringements or not, the image they chose for the icon of the app gives me the impression that they may just be grabbing their content off of the Internet, since that image is one of the more pirated images out there.

Back