ClearDomes.com/EZ TOPS STAY AWAY

So I placed an order for my Camera Dome with this company over a month ago. I also ordered overnight shipping and was charged as such. I also ordered a dome with a square flange for easy mounting.

I just got my dome in the mail and it has the normal round flange and It was shipped UPS ground "4days" not overnight like I ordered.

Horrible customer service and I'm pretty much screwed this year for having a chase dome.

Did you do a follow up with the company? I ordered my dome last year and it came just as ordered and customer service was pretty good with email responses.

Isn't the owner a chaser...can't remember. Probably a bad idea to order anything chase related right before you chase...or at least except things go bad (because Murphy rules us all). Still can't say that's and excuse either, but such is life sometimes. We've seen how everyone pretty much abandoned ST since TimV is completely absent nowadays.

Brian,

There is a "sticky" at the top of the Equipment Section about "Stay Away From These Companies". It might be worthwhile for other folks in the future if you care to make an additional post in that section also.

Interesting. When I ordered my dome last fall, their customer service was great as far as details back and forth via email. They definitely are sluggish on their turn around, they probably get many orders for high quantities so I assume one off orders for custom sizes/flanges are not their top priority. I believe from order to delivery mine took 4 weeks. That is really the only bad thing I have to say about them, and it was expected after talking with Skip about them before I ordered. It was packaged carefully and came exactly as I had ordered, and the price is pretty good.

I'd recommend a follow up with them as far as your standard flange. Mine came square as I requested on the order form and of the exact dimensions I required.

Back