Cingular GPRS connection problems...

I bought a Cingular LG F7200 phone and I can not get my damn phone to connect via data cable. It needs some kind of software and none came with the cable. HELP!

Are you BamaStormChasr on Howardforums? If not, try posting to the LG section of that forum and see if someone can help you (someone w/ the alias of BamaStormChasr inquired about this on Howardforums, though I suspect, since you're in AL, that it may be you LOL). If you are, then I don't know what to tell you. I looked through the LG site to see if they had instructions on tethering, but didn't find anything. For my Moto MPx220, there is a menu selection called "Modem Link", in which I need to choose to activate the USB modem. IF I do this, then I can set up a dial-up networking connecting in Windows and connect successfully. There's usually a driver that you need to install to get this to work, however. Did a disk or anything come with data cable kit?

Originally posted by Jeff Snyder
Are you BamaStormChasr on Howardforums? If not, try posting to the LG section of that forum and see if someone can help you (someone w/ the alias of BamaStormChasr inquired about this on Howardforums, though I suspect, since you're in AL, that it may be you LOL). If you are, then I don't know what to tell you. I looked through the LG site to see if they had instructions on tethering, but didn't find anything. For my Moto MPx220, there is a menu selection called "Modem Link", in which I need to choose to activate the USB modem. IF I do this, then I can set up a dial-up networking connecting in Windows and connect successfully. There's usually a driver that you need to install to get this to work, however. Did a disk or anything come with data cable kit?

LOL...That is me. I bought the data cable seperate at radioshack and no the phone nor the cable came with any software. The cable didnt even come with drivers. The cable for the VX6000 is what works on this phone but I can not find any software for my phone model. I wonder if I can use that software to get it to work.... at least I hope :(

Brett,

Have you fired off an email to LG support? Not sure if they have a good email address, but it'd be worth a shot IMO.

Originally posted by Jeff Snyder
Brett,

Have you fired off an email to LG support? Not sure if they have a good email address, but it'd be worth a shot IMO.

Nah, Jeff I actually haven't. I haven't found a good email address to get them at actually.

Back