Chuck Doswell

I know he has retired. But I used to enjoy reading all of his writeups. Has he published anything new lately? If so where could I reach this? Thanks.

I have recently been re-reading Dr. Doswell's Meso-scale Analysis Manuals. I was just wondering last night, he mentions Vol III in Vol II. I do not have Vol III. Does anyone know if he ever wrote a Vol III and if so do you know where I might acquire it?

Yes, the pet peeves are good. Here's one that had me rolling:

"propagation" is a $5 word and "movement" is only a 5-cent word

Here's my #1 pet peeve: "The KS/OK (or any two states) border"

It's not a border, it's a state line.

:roll:

Here's my #1 pet peeve: "The KS/OK (or any two states) border"

It's not a border, it's a state line.

:roll:

Just for fun:

Border:
# A part that forms the outer edge of something.
# A decorative strip around the edge of something, such as fabric.
# A strip of ground, as at the edge of a garden or walk, in which ornamental plants or shrubs are planted.
# The line or frontier area separating political divisions or geographic regions; a boundary

I guess a state-line and a border are synonymous :eek:

If I remember correctly Chuck never completed Volume III. I certainly don't have it.

Tim

Originally posted by Bob Schafer
Yes, the pet peeves are good. Here's one that had me rolling:

\"propagation\" is a $5 word and \"movement\" is only a 5-cent word

Reminds me of a volcanology book I have, written for laymen. A quote therein: "Geologists like to give big names to rocks."

Met him for the first time, Friday. He gave a great talk on the Past, Present and Future of storm chasing at California U of PA. A great guy indeed. Very sincere person, not afraid to speak the truth.

Back