Check out what happened in Iraq a few days after I left!!!

Well I was looking over Iraq's weather history since the day I left the counrty (April 15th) Two days after I left, Baghdad was affected by a hailstorm on the 17th! :blink: Also, numerous thunderstorms have been occuring there on a weekly basis up to about May 6th.

Baghdad Weather on April 17th!

So I left when things were really starting to get wild, convectively. Of course this is all over now as another long hot summer approaches, so I'm glad to be out of there. :)

Well I was looking over Iraq's weather history since the day I left the counrty (April 15th) Two days after I left, Baghdad was affected by a hailstorm on the 17th! :blink: Also, numerous thunderstorms have been occuring there on a weekly basis up to about May 6th.

Baghdad Weather on April 17th!

So I left when things were really starting to get wild, convectively. Of course this is all over now as another long hot summer approaches, so I'm glad to be out of there. :)
[/b]

Wouldnt that be cool to chase storms in Iraq.. I mean on the back of a humvee through the desert like "rat patrol".. manning the 50... flying over dunes at 60 miles an hour.. Makings for a good movie.. lol

Look at those temperature/dewpoint differences. They are only a few degrees apart at the time of the hailstorm. Could this have been surface based convection? What if it was a supercell? Was there a meso, a rotating wall cloud?? Cool stuff, nonetheless.

Also, there was quite a dust storm before this.

Back