Cheap NOAA weather radios

M Conder

EF0
Not really chase equipment, but I just thought I'd mention that United Supermarkets in Lubbock have the Midland WR-100C S.A.M.E. radio on sale for $29.99 - which seems to be a pretty good price (quick internet seach shows $40-$50). I'm not sure how widespread the promotion is but I think it is across much of Texas at least.

Not really chase equipment, but I just thought I'd mention that United Supermarkets in Lubbock have the Midland WR-100C S.A.M.E. radio on sale for $29.99 - which seems to be a pretty good price (quick internet seach shows $40-$50). I'm not sure how widespread the promotion is but I think it is across much of Texas at least.
[/b]

Dillons stores here in Wichita are doing the same promotion....Look like nice units, I need a new one for the house.

Don't buy this weather radio... http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.js...rentPage=search

I bought this one awhile back and it's pretty much useless. It has no range whatsoever. Even in town not too far from a 152.55MHZ tower there still was static. About ten miles out, or less there is no reception. The one day we used it we traveled across two states and it was static about 97% of the time.

The Uniden at the top of this thread is something I will check into.

Back