Chasing Photography

I can vouch for the 20D. It is a very nice camera. The kit lens is not the best, but it still works very well. The 10D would be a good cheaper version, and you can find them used for a great price, just make sure to see how the camera has been used/how much it has bene used.

As for something that works for less then 1599$ retail, the digital rebel is not a bad camera for 799$ retail. You can find them for less online, just be careful where you shop.

I also have the Canon Digital Rebel and I also had a great experience with buydig.com. I did A LOT of research on www.resellerratings.com to find out what other peoples' experiences were with stores that were offering a "too good to be true" price on cameras and accessories. Do your homework and you will be satisfied in the end. :)

Seems like the camera part is covered well already. If you are still wondering about a video camera I'd mention a couple short things. I'm not sure I'd even bother reading the lux ratings as I'm not sure how some come to the numbers they do with various cams. It has just seemed like a fairly silly thing from what I've seen so far. What I'd look for is if it has 3 ccds as you'll get much more life-like images. The colors will be much better. I'd also look at the ccd size....the bigger the better. Sony went with 1/6 inch on all their newer cheaper cams and I think really killed their low light abilities. The older 1/4 ones I've seen always seem to look better. I'm tempted to buy a larger cam closer to full size just for some of the much larger ccds like 2/3 inch ones. I'd be more concerned about ccd size than if there are 3 of them as you can find cams around $1000 with big big ccds if you look. 3 chippers get you up there in price quickly. Other than those two things I guess you might want to look into the lens that is on it. I don't think these tiny finger sized lenses are going to do much, especially in lower light. I say all this and still am using my sony trv-19, lol. It has the worst of everything and does an ok job in some situations, but generally sucks.

Back