ChaserChat Software / Drop down navigation bar

Today when attempting to view Chaser Chat I get the error "You do not have permission" as if I was not logged in, even though I appear as logged in when visiting the front page and forums.

The staff is working on some changes to the chat feature right now. I do not know how long it will take to complete.

Please report any feedback, issues, or feature requests in this thread. We replaced the software for ChaserChat on 4/28/16 and wanted to centralize any discussion here in its own thread. We're not done customizing it yet, so if you have any wish list items please let us know. I'm inclined to try different positions for the chat bar on the pages where it appears, because it is currently covering up the 'jump to top or bottom' arrows in the bottom right corner for me.

@NealRasmussen wants a darker theme more conducive to nighttime use, but that's all I'm aware of so far. Thanks and just let us know if we can help with anything.

Mark

Please report any feedback, issues, or feature requests in this thread. We replaced the software for ChaserChat on 4/28/16 and wanted to centralize any discussion here in its own thread. We're not done customizing it yet, so if you have any wish list items please let us know. I'm inclined to try different positions for the chat bar on the pages where it appears, because it is currently covering up the 'jump to top or bottom' arrows in the bottom right corner for me.

@NealRasmussen wants a darker theme more conducive to nighttime use, but that's all I'm aware of so far. Thanks and just let us know if we can help with anything.

Mark
I like Neal's idea!

We're going to embed ChaserChat in an iframe Chris, so the chat window is fixed and doesn't move around much. I know what you mean with the drop down window from the top, as I do most everything with an iPad. The team we consult with were out of the country for 10 days until yesterday, so we'll get the fixes started this week.

We can also poke around with the different themes at that time Brad, but will need @Steve Miller to sign off on anything too much different from our current overall theme / colors.

Sent from my iPad using Stormtrack mobile app

Maybe it's just me, but the drop down logo/overlay is very annoying. It takes up way too much of the screen, and makes it difficult to navigate at times. Is there any way to disable it? I'm using Chrome on my phone if that matters.

For the time being, please use the new sub-link we created called "Open chat in new tab". This should take you to the /fullpage view and make it easier to use. Here's a direct link just in case you need it.

Lastly, I'm merging this thread with the existing one noted above to consolidate the feedback. Please be patient, we have the theme designers looking at this as we speak. We're just waiting for a response from them before next steps can be taken.

Back