CB guys come in over *beep*

with the 102 steel whip antenna is that going to increase my chances of getting hit with lightning when chasing

No. Its a small target for lightning to hit, and the vehicle isn't solidly grounded.

In my opinion a bigger concern is the total height of the tip of the antenna, depending on how its mounted on your vehicle, in relation to the roof clearance of many banking and fast food drive up window areas. Sadly and embarrassingly, yes, that is the voice of experience!

No. Its a small target for lightning to hit, and the vehicle isn't solidly grounded.

In my opinion a bigger concern is the total height of the tip of the antenna, depending on how its mounted on your vehicle, in relation to the roof clearance of many banking and fast food drive up window areas. Sadly and embarrassingly, yes, that is the voice of experience!

Been there done that myself. That's why I avoided a roof mount for my ham setup. My truck is tall enough as it is.

Troy actually has a nice way to keep the antenna stowed when not in use, similar to what we used on the Humvees with the massive antennas that we had on those radios.

The Galaxy dx66v is not a cb but rather a 10m amateur radio export. They were created with the CBer in mind. They are very poorly made radios and have tons of issues in their lifetime. Technically, they are illegal to operate in the cb band.

CB radios are still a good way to communicate with each other but their signal distance is very limited and you will hear all kinds of nonsense on them (foul mouthed, too much echo, distorted/over modulated, and the wackos)

I am agree with others that these days, it is easy to get your technician class amateur radio license.

Back