• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

Canon EOS 2000D

Beth F.

EF0
I got a new Canon EOS 2000D for an early birthday present back in March. I'm currently used to many of it's party pieces, including connecting it to a smartphone to transfer images and using the smartphone as a remote to the camera.

I took some nice macros and a few pictures of some garter snakes at a local nature community center back on Sunday. I'd like to use this camera for what I call backyard stormchasing this year. Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated. :)

What lens(es) do you have? Do you have a tripod?

I do have a tripod. I got a telephoto lens, a wide-angle/macro lens, plus the main lens housing it came with. The main lens is EF-S18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 III

It is a DSLR, a whole different machine than the digital ones I'm used to. It will take some doing to learn all of it's gadgets and gizmos.

I live in Western New York. I don't usually go out to chase storms, so I wait for them to come to me :D I usually like getting lightning shots, and good shots of cumulus clouds when they develop nearby.

Back