Buying HAM Radios; Where?

Aside from hamradio.com, anyone have a place online (or stores) to get HAM radios. I have to replace the one stolen from my vehicle at the junkyard. Looking for something with a detachable faceplate.

I've never bought an important piece of ham gear anywhere but Texas Towers:

http://www.texastowers.com/

Their prices are competitive and their delivery and service are impeccable. Tony, if there was such a thing as a supercell in North Texas, we could swing down there and see the store. It's pretty cool. Their online service is every bit as good; I bought lots of gear from them while living in Indiana.

Originally posted by Tony Laubach
Aside from hamradio.com, anyone have a place online (or stores) to get HAM radios. I have to replace the one stolen from my vehicle at the junkyard. Looking for something with a detachable faceplate.

Originally posted by Tony Laubach
I have to replace the one stolen from my vehicle at the junkyard. Looking for something with a detachable faceplate.

Man, that sucks! Hope you had your call sign engraved on it? If not, make sure you do on your next(on the main unit, the faceplate AND the mic). Would cause most hams to pause for concern before buying it from someone else unknowingly since they can easily look up your call and contact you. Many a stolen ham gear has been found this way.
If you don't have an engraver, most police departments will loan you one.

Originally posted by Amos Magliocco+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Amos Magliocco)</div>
I've never bought an important piece of ham gear anywhere but Texas Towers:

http://www.texastowers.com/

Their prices are competitive and their delivery and service are impeccable. Tony, if there was such a thing as a supercell in North Texas, we could swing down there and see the store. It's pretty cool. Their online service is every bit as good; I bought lots of gear from them while living in Indiana.

<!--QuoteBegin-Tony Laubach
[/b]

I second this one. Buy all my gear from texastowers. Have heard some complaints about customer service from others, but I personally have never had any issues. They've been a Great source for me!

I have used both Universal Radio and aesham (both links are posted above). Although Universal has a better website making it easier to find the parts you are looking for, I found the customer service and delivery speed much better with aesham.

Back