Boycott Accu-Weather

I think it is time that Accu-Weather starts to realize that the weather community isn't going to support their constant attacks against the NWS. I know some people disagree. Left alone I think that Accu-Weather will continue to push and push and push until the NWS doesn't even exist. It is their goal. That is my opinon at least. I am going to let them know how I feel right where it hurts them the most $$

Ladies and gentlemen of StormTrack. We have come so far with weather
data on the internet, a lot of it thanks to the National Weather Service. But,
a lot of this progress could be easily undone if a bill by Senator Santorum were to pass. This could potientally take most of the NWS products offline, including public radar access and even forecasts. This is happening mainly because AccuWeather and The Weather Channel have hired a lobbying firm to get this bill pushed through the congress. While we represent only a small minority of NWS consumers, we are nonethless entitled to have our say. So, I join beaudodson in his boycott of AccuWeather. I also extend to each and every one of you who feel that this is wrong to let your voice be heard.

HOW YOU CAN HELP:

Help us kill this bill in committee! (Currently has no co-sponsors)
The bill is S.786
It sits in the Science, Commerce and Transportation Committee

Call the senators on the committee and let them know your opinion
http://commerce.senate.gov/about/membership.html

Thank you,
Scott Olson
[/i]

Joel Meyes donations to Rick Santorum

MYERS, JOEL N
STATE COLLEGE,PA 16801
ACCU WEATHER
9/10/1999
$1,000
Santorum, Rick

MYERS, JOEL N
STATE COLLEGE,PA 16801
ACCU WEATHER
8/18/1999
$250
Santorum, Rick

MYERS, JOEL N
STATE COLLEGE,PA 16801
ACCU WEATHER
9/10/1999
($700)
Santorum, Rick

MYERS, JOEL N DR
STATE COLLEGE,PA 16801
ACCU WEATHER
12/31/2003
$1,750
Santorum, Rick

MYERS, JOEL N DR
STATE COLLEGE,PA 16801
ACCU WEATHER INC
4/7/2004
$1,250
Specter, Arlen

MYERS, JOEL N DR
STATE COLLEGE,PA 16801
ACCU WEATHER
5/16/2000
$1,000
Santorum, Rick

MYERS, JOEL N DR
STATE COLLEGE,PA 16801
ACCU WEATHER INC
4/7/2004
$750
Specter, Arlen

MYERS, JOEL N DR
STATE COLLEGE,PA 16801
ACCU WEATHER
6/7/2000
$300
Santorum, Rick

MYERS, JOEL N DR
STATE COLLEGE,PA 16801
ACCU WEATHER
10/9/2003
$250
Santorum, Rick

MYERS, JOEL N DR
STATE COLLEGE,PA 16801
ACCU WEATHER
12/31/2003
$250
Santorum, Rick

MYERS, JOEL N DR
STATE COLLEGE,PA 16801
ACCU WEATHER INC
4/22/2003
$250
Specter, Arlen

I saw my uncle had accuweather on his computer as his default weather location...I kindly told him this was wrong, and showed him the light. I can't believe people really use them. I mean, sure some people dont know any better...but geez...why do you think people always have that 'the weather guys are never right" attitude...probably because they're always using these fools.

AccuWeather Mission
To save lives, protect property, and help people to prosper, while expanding AccuWeather as a healthy and profitable business.

What the heck?!?! Since when did we make saving lives a profitable business? (I understand that drug companies need some compensation for the research - but we're still fighting cancer and other incurable diseases.) We pretty much know when there's going to be hazardous weather and we don't need some private company telling us that.

Next they'll say that colleges can't teach weather courses because that's giving away trade secrets!!!

Just you wait till the first time they fail to put out a warning and someone dies, they'll be hit with a lawsuit so fast and good riddance to accuweather.

No problem, I have already been boycotting AccuWeather :D . Last year, I was watching hurricane coverage on CNN and the AccuWeather guest had me irritated. In addition, I rarely watch MSNBC, but I believe they use AccuWeather for some things so we should write them to put a stop to that :p .

I already never use them since I have for a long time, known how worthless they are to the weather sector. I will join in this boycott (though I technically have been in for a long time) and I plan to spread word to everyone I know to do the same and to warn them of this bill and what it may do if passed.

In these parts we refer to Accuweather as Crapuweather. The majority of us have been quite appalled by the "hate noaa" attitude they seem to partake in.

Aaron

I have been a happy customer of Accuweather for two years... until now.
If Accuweather is going to try to push the NWS out of existence and end free radar and forecasts (which I rely upon daily) I will cancel my subscription. :evil: :evil:
That bill proposed by that mother f***er Santorum (pardon my French, souvois pleit) should be killed quickly and painlessly. He wants to take away one of the freedoms we enjoy and depend upon, which is free forecasts and radar from the National Weather Service. And that, frankly, is just un-American. Bombard this bastard with angry emails and letters to let him know he cannot take away our free weather and privatize the entire weather industry just because he endows Inaccuweather with thousand dollar checks... :evil:
A slogan for our campaign against this idiotic, unessecary and plain ridiculous bill: SOFWFAR (Save our free weather forecasts and radar!) :twisted:

Trust me, I only like one weather site, and that is weather.GOV!

AccuWeather can go to hell as far as I am concerned, I have already boycotted their services a long time ago. As far as the Weather Channel goes, I got that under parental lock on my cable box, that channel gets skipped everytime I go from 30-32 on Time Warner Cable here.

I have used Accuweather's hour by hour forecasts to plan for outdoor work. They have on occasion been dead wrong.

I was willing to write that off as we all know that any forecast can be wrong anytime the weather makes up it's own mind to be unpredictable--

But not now. I've deleted them from my computer and my life.

Goodbye, Accuweather--may all your lobbying efforts return to you as a severe suppository.

Dave Gallaher
Huntsville, AL

Originally posted by Mark Farnik
I have been a happy customer of Accuweather for two years... until now.
If Accuweather is going to try to push the NWS out of existence and end free radar and forecasts (which I rely upon daily) I will cancel my subscription. :evil: :evil:
That bill proposed by that mother f***er Santorum (pardon my French, souvois pleit) should be killed quickly and painlessly. He wants to take away one of the freedoms we enjoy and depend upon, which is free forecasts and radar from the National Weather Service. And that, frankly, is just un-American. Bombard this bastard with angry emails and letters to let him know he cannot take away our free weather and privatize the entire weather industry just because he endows Inaccuweather with thousand dollar checks... :evil:
A slogan for our campaign against this idiotic, unessecary and plain ridiculous bill: SOFWFAR (Save our free weather forecasts and radar!) :twisted:
Okay, we all know that InAccuWeather is...not hte best out there...but COME ON! Can we please keep these discussions civil? Have you even read the bill? Let's all keep our heads about this matter.

Ben

P.S. And its "s'il vous plait" :)

Back