Best antenna for Wilson Sleek 4G

I've been a long term avid reader of the Storm Track forum, but this is my first ever post. Excited to be diving in with you all! Now on to the question...

QUESTION: I have a Wilson 4G Sleek (model shown HERE) with the short stubby magnetic antenna that sticks to your roof. I use this booster for my Verizon Mifi Jetpack while chasing. My question is this... is there a better antenna I could purchase and use with this device that would give me an even greater boost in signal? If so, can you make some specific recomendations?

I have googled around and found places to purchase antennas, but do not have enough technical knowledge to know what would best pair with my specific booster.

Thanks in advance for the help!

@Mark R. O'Leary - Thanks for the info!

Can I ask you what made you choose that antenna? As in, are the specs for that antenna specifically good for the Wilson Sleek 4G? Or maybe stated a different way, have you ever done a comparison of the performance with that Antenna versus the short stubby antenna that came with the booster?

I can't say I know enough about the complexity of signal boosting to explain why any one antenna works over another, but I did my due diligence before I purchased both the Sleek and the additional antenna. From my research, everything pointed to the rubber antenna being limited in its range, so I purchased the other antenna at the same time. Worth it for $20 to try it out.

I never even installed the stub antenna. Just installed the system in the car with the larger antenna and haven't looked back. There are those on here who could explain better how one of these systems works, and how antennas work (lots of amateur radio operators on here as well).

Thanks, Mark! I'll look further into that Antenna and will test it against the antenna provided with the Wilson.

I would love to hear from others who have experience or knowledge on this subject as well... Would Mark's Antenna function well on both the 4G LTE and 3G bandwidths?

Back