• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

Be careful with FB weather teams.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian R.

EF0
Be careful with FB weather teams, because if you get tired of the drama some members cause and log out of FB and don't respond to their messages, you may get a visit by your local POLICE to see if you are ok.... Like I just did an hour ago. If they think that is going to get me to return to their group.... they need to check their IQ....

I haven't logged into FB in over 9 years and it's one of the best decisions I've ever made, lol! Either the people in your group REALLY care for your wellbeing, or they're real a-holes... that's crazy!

Well it may be a little bit of both. The owner of the group is part of the LGBTQ group as am I. His bf is part of the weather team as well, and a religious freak. We all were talking on zello the other day and I mentioned the Chicago area is impossible to date someone whom I want, only meet guys who have the same interests, and all older than 21.... who think dedicating Monday thru Friday to a career is more important than being out every day and having fun, I'll keep it clean, and his bf tells me well the guy who wants to date you looks like he would be a perfect match as God wants, since you both work at the same EMA, he has the same interests and hobbies you do, and doesn't want to be out every night, and only wants to go out on weekends, and wants both of you to be successful at your respective careers and since that is God's plan for you.... you have no right to not follow God's plan, and stop trying to force someone who has a legitimate reason not to date you because of his allergies to dogs that cause him constant asthma symptoms as that is going against God's plans for you and accept the person God has been gracious to gift you with. Told his bf to check himself with the religious BS in person at a meet and greet the team event, and after that he continued to tell me I HAVE TO FOLLOW GOD'S PLAN. Told the owner to check him, before I do personally and he did nothing about it except agree with his bs. I decided to just sign out of fb and say nothing to any of them 2 days ago..... and today I have the POLICE at my door to make sure I am ok..... DEFINATLY NOT A WAY TO GET ME BACK ON HIS TEAM.

This sounds like a personal drama between your and your group mates, Brian. I'm sorry to hear that the relationship among your group has soured, but your particular story doesn't appear to be related to storm chasing, and thus I'm going to close this thread for now. If things change, we can re-open the thread for further discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back