Awesome Waterspout Adriatic Sea offshore Croatia

hi Gang

just found this movie from a Croatian guy who filmed a spectactular
waterspout just offshore.
some of the closeup footage at the end shows good dynamics at the lower end of the spout.
look for the lightning flash not too far in from the start of the movie

http://free-zg.t-com.hr/mdj/MVI_0618_mpg4.avi its ~ 17 Mb in size

Edit: ... should have noted date = 4th Aug 2006

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonderful post, Dave.

I especially liked watching the condensation fingers doing their fickle little dance around each other:)

Pat

beautiful huh.

didnt know if anyone else on this board had seen it or not, hadn't seen any comments anywhere, so thought it worthwhile to post :)

just once i would like to see something like that with my own eyes :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked it for the location as much as anything else. One doesn't see a Croatian video all that often.

Pat

Dave,
That was incredible! Living here is Kansas we don't get to see to many waterspouts. Thanks for sharing.

John

Dave,
That was incredible! Living here is Kansas we don't get to see to many waterspouts. Thanks for sharing.

John

hi John and Marko..... thanks :)

at least in Kansas you have a pretty good chance of seeing tornadoes,
John... here in Sydney, Australia its pretty rare hence why all us
Aussies travel to the USA in the hope for seeing a few funnels :)

cheers

Nice find Dave, I get excited by just drizzle this year.

hahhah yup,
dang its been hot!! huh and not a thunderstorm in sight
gosh, I moaned about last yr's spring and summer storms being lacking
now this year is starting off even worse
will have to look on a map and see where you are
I'm in West Ryde your location sounds familiar but can't quite place it :)

cheers

Thanks Dave for sharing this video. We get many waterspouts here in the Florida Keys each summer and fall but this year was a real lean year. A waterspout that size is really rare though but they do occur here. I would sure like to see one of them.

Thanks Dave for sharing this video. We get many waterspouts here in the Florida Keys each summer and fall but this year was a real lean year. A waterspout that size is really rare though but they do occur here. I would sure like to see one of them.

Hi Jim! How are you!

Here in Italy the major part of vortex is composed by waterspouts..We have a unknow number of them: often it can verify that they become very big(supercellular or not supercellular)). It's not a case that those waterspouts occurred in Adriatic sea, even if ahead Croatia.
I make you an exemple.

Waterspout near Terracina (very close to Rome)

terracinab.jpg

Andrea, Im fine how are you doing?
That is an impressive tornadic waterspout. If you notice the strong winds on the water in the foreground which indicates to me this spout had a large circulation much like a tornado on the plains here in the U.S.

Andrea, Im fine how are you doing?
That is an impressive tornadic waterspout. If you notice the strong winds on the water in the foreground which indicates to me this spout had a large circulation much like a tornado on the plains here in the U.S.

All is ok;) Yeah, that's an impressive tornadic waterspout: in autumn it's not so rare to see a monster like that near Rome o in Sicily Island(south italy)

Back