Awesome Laptop deal at Best Buy

For those that need a new laptop, Best Buy has a good deal attm. Gateway accidently installed the i5 processor in their new laptop instead of the i3 that is stated on the machine! When you go to your local Best Buy store, have them check their internal tracking system with the sku # 9721671. They will be officially on sale this Sunday, January 31. However you can buy them now. According to slickdeals.net, link: http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1832293&page=35 , so far everyone that has purchased the laptop has gotten one with an i5 processor. You better get one now before Gateway catches the error and they start shipping them with the i3. Not bad for $499. :D

You can check your local Best Buy store for the laptop by clicking on this link and then type in your zip code. Link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...721671&productId=1172880155757&itemId=1005621

The specs are:

Gateway Model NV5927U [gateway.com]
Price $499.99

* Intel® Core™ i3-330M processor (They shipped accidently with the i5-430m)
* 4GB DDR3 memory
* Blu-ray Disc-enabled DVD±RW/CD-RW drive
* 15.6" LED-backlit high-definition widescreen display (1366x768)
* 320GB Serial ATA hard drive (5400 rpm)
* Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator HD (128MB of dedicated video memory)
* HDMI port for connection to an HDTV.
* Built-in webcam and microphone
* Multi-in-1 digital media reader (Supports SD, MMC, MS, MS PRO and xD-Picture Card formats)
* 4 high-speed USB 2.0 ports
* Built-in wireless LAN (802.11b/g/n)
* Built-in 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
* Weighs 5.8 lbs. and measures just 1.5" thin
* Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64-bit operating system preinstalled

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads up! I have been looking for a good deal on a laptop for sometime now. My previous hp was broke during a garage party. Anyhow, I picked this smoking fast laptop for a good price . It has a sticker that says Intel i3, but it actually has the i5! I have no complaints so far. I always hated gateway computers until now!

Those laptops sold out quickly online! I most likely will not be getting a new one until several more years. Running Vista 32 bit, 2.5 gb ram and a turion dual core processor in my laptop now. My brother tried to get one at the local Best Buy, however they claimed there were none in stock even though online said that there was. That Gateway laptop should be really quick with that i5 and be plenty powerful enough for a while.

Back