Availability of DOW peak gusts map in hurricane?

Been looking for imagery showing the spatial variation in peak gusts at low elevation over very localized areas (so a very high spatial resolution dataset at quite low elevation). Would love to find dual doppler analysis from mobile radars, perhaps verified with observations (if a micronet like TTU Stick Nets and platforms were involved, great).

I believe it would be helpful in gaining a picture of how much variation there is in the windfield in intense cyclones even beyond the obvious complexities obstructions/roughness length bring to the very lowest handful of meters (though I'd be quite interested in having a graphic that can quickly show that too) Even if it's for non-tropical widespread events like squall lines/derechos, it would be helpful to have. I've found there's often a lot of confusion and frustration after tropical cyclone events of "it wasn't nearly as bad for me" or "I had much stronger than that value reported". I did a cursory look in journals and at the TTUHRT and CSWR sites, and a few journal articles, but perhaps didn't look hard enough. Anyone either know where I can find such an image, or if nothing else, the files to build such an image myself?

Also, the NASA observation towers would seem to offer potential for this type of data. Anyone know where to find a simple image or the archived data for this?

Back