Aerial Photos BEFORE Katrina hits

Does anyone know where you can find aerial photos of the area to the south of New Orleans. I would like to compare what the area looks like before and after, since there are so many cities south of New Orleans that may not exist this time tomorrow!!!

I know there will be damage assessment photos after the impact, but it would be interesting (although very sad) to see what WAS there.

Not only that, but those images don't update that often... You would have to wait at the very least several months before Google updated their database. You would more than likely find aerial photo comparisons of Katrina in a National Geographic magazine or other news articles, much like with the tsunami...

yeah, check out www.maps.google.com ....

Zoom all the way into New Orleans then click on the 'Satellite' option.

You will be able to pan around the arial view of New Orleans, however, since Google Maps are just a bunch of pictures taken from satellites a while ago, you will only be able to use the images from Google as a "before" picture.

Or you can check out some New Orlean webcams, once the storm is over, and check out the archive pics, so you can see how the environment around the webcam coped with the storm minute by minute.

yeah, check out www.maps.google.com ....

Zoom all the way into New Orleans then click on the 'Satellite' option.

You will be able to pan around the arial view of New Orleans, however, since Google Maps are just a bunch of pictures taken from satellites a while ago, you will only be able to use the images from Google as a "before" picture.

Or you can check out some New Orlean webcams, once the storm is over, and check out the archive pics, so you can see how the environment around the webcam coped with the storm minute by minute.

As was noted by the posts above yours, those don't update that often. If it's like the USGS and Terraserver maps, it's usually every couple of years, so it's unlikely you'll be able to use those types of tools to see before/after pics.

Well, I am SURE that there are going to be PLENTY of "after" photos!!!!
I just want something to compare to all the pictures that will come out in the next several days.

Back