750 Bucks off Dell notebooks again

Eric B'Hymer

$750 off $1499 on Select Inspiron Laptops Tomorrow
Exp: 05/26/05 Comments(136) | Tell a Friend | AIM | Top

Dell Home has $750 off $1499 coupon code VRSG541NMGQ800 for Inspiron Laptops listed on this page. Starts tomorrow at 6AM PDT, 8AM CDT and ends on 5/26 5:59AM CDT or after 15000 redemptions. Thanks usb.

Posted: 05/23/05 2:53PM PT

Dangit! I already created a new topic in Everything Else section. I didn't think to check here for this info.

Anyways... I'll copy what I posted there:

Here is what I picked up and the corresponding price:

Inspiron 700m
Intel® Pentium® M Processor 725 (1.60 GHz/400MHz FSB)12.1-in WXGA
Microsoft® Windows® XP Home
512MB DDR SDRAM 2 Dimms
60 GB Hard Drive
Integrated Network Card INTNIC
8x CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) with double-layer write capability
Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200 Internal Wireless (802.11 b/g, 54Mbps)
Primary Battery 65 WHr 8-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
Limited Warranty, Services and Support 2Yr Ltd Warranty, 2Yr At-Home Service, and 2Yr Technical Support

Total: $797 shipped to my door.

Just a reminder; The graphics chip is integrated, so it may not work with Gibson Ridge or any other graphics intensive applications.

I have the same chip on my desktop, so I'm gonna test it out and let you guys know...

EDIT: Okay, I tested it, and the news isn't good... It won't work :cry:

Originally posted by rdewey
Just a reminder; The graphics chip is integrated, so it may not work with Gibson Ridge or any other graphics intensive applications.

I have the same chip on my desktop, so I'm gonna test it out and let you guys know...

That's interesting... I wonder why it wont work. It doesn't show a requirement for video cards, only DirectX 9.

Originally posted by Anthony Petito+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Anthony Petito)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-rdewey

That's interesting... I wonder why it wont work. It doesn't show a requirement for video cards, only DirectX 9.[/b]

Hold on, let me correct myself; The program works fine, but the smoothing doesn't work. I think most people can get by without the smoothing, but I know it's been a pain for a few...

Other than that, it's probably the best retail deal you will find on laptops (other than eBay, where I found my gem :lol: )

Originally posted by rdewey+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rdewey)</div>
Originally posted by Anthony Petito@
<!--QuoteBegin-rdewey

That's interesting... I wonder why it wont work. It doesn't show a requirement for video cards, only DirectX 9.

Hold on, let me correct myself; The program works fine, but the smoothing doesn't work. I think most people can get by without the smoothing, but I know it's been a pain for a few...

Other than that, it's probably the best retail deal you will find on laptops (other than eBay, where I found my gem :lol: )[/b]

Did you get a Dell? Most of these $750 off deals get picked up by eBayers and they turn right around. Since this is Dell's third time running this deal, supply has outpaced demand...

Originally posted by Anthony Petito+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Anthony Petito)</div>
Originally posted by rdewey+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rdewey)
<!--QuoteBegin-Anthony Petito
@
<!--QuoteBegin-rdewey

Other than that, it's probably the best retail deal you will find on laptops (other than eBay, where I found my gem :lol: )[/b]

Did you get a Dell? Most of these $750 off deals get picked up by eBayers and they turn right around. Since this is Dell's third time running this deal, supply has outpaced demand...[/b][/quote]

No, I got a "HP Compaq Presario R3000". I got it from eBay for $800... It's 2.8GHz P4, 512MB DDR RAM, ATI Radeon 9200 w/ 128mb RAM, etc..

The computer that I tested GRLevel3 on is a system which has the same video chipset as the Dell laptop you mentioned. That laptop that you mention is a pretty good laptop for general non-graphics intense applications. It probably won't run 3D games too well (FarCry won't even start up) because of that chipset... As long as your not doing intense gaming or other graphics intense applications, it will be just fine for your needs.

Originally posted by rdewey

No, I got a \"HP Compaq Presario R3000\". I got it from eBay for $800... It's 2.8GHz P4, 512MB DDR RAM, ATI Radeon 9200 w/ 128mb RAM, etc..

The computer that I tested GRLevel3 on is a system which has the same video chipset as the Dell laptop you mentioned. That laptop that you mention is a pretty good laptop for general non-graphics intense applications. It probably won't run 3D games too well (FarCry won't even start up) because of that chipset... As long as your not doing intense gaming or other graphics intense applications, it will be just fine for your needs.

I still have my desktop for gaming or 3D apps... So, I don't plan on doing anything too graphic intensive. Maybe Photoshop.

Rdewey- Are you saying the Pentium M chipset wont work with grlevel3 or just that chipset with the intel graphics card. I ordered an Inspirion 6000 with the pentium m 730, radeon 128mb graphics card and 1 gb of ram. Im hoping to run baron on it next year and wondered if there would be a problem with this.

Eric, you should be fine. The Intel integrated graphics aren't horrible, but they can't compete with even the low-end graphics cards. The Pentium M and chipset (the Dothan core morese than Banias, but Banias is the older core, so that's to be expected) has proved to be a very successful processor, with technologies from it going into desktop processors now as well.

Originally posted by Anthony Petito
Dangit! I already created a new topic in Everything Else section. I didn't think to check here for this info.

Anyways... I'll copy what I posted there:

Here is what I picked up and the corresponding price:

Inspiron 700m
Intel® Pentium® M Processor 725 (1.60 GHz/400MHz FSB)12.1-in WXGA
Microsoft® Windows® XP Home
512MB DDR SDRAM 2 Dimms
60 GB Hard Drive
Integrated Network Card INTNIC
8x CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) with double-layer write capability
Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200 Internal Wireless (802.11 b/g, 54Mbps)
Primary Battery 65 WHr 8-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
Limited Warranty, Services and Support 2Yr Ltd Warranty, 2Yr At-Home Service, and 2Yr Technical Support

Total: $797 shipped to my door.

Wow thats a great deal Anthony.When I purchased my Fujitsu I was torn between the dell 700m and the fujitsu p7010. I bought the p7010 with no regrets. My second choice would have been the 700m. Give us a report when you get it in so we can see it and your thoughts...

Fred

Originally posted by Eric B'Hymer
Rdewey- Are you saying the Pentium M chipset wont work with grlevel3 or just that chipset with the intel graphics card. I ordered an Inspirion 6000 with the pentium m 730, radeon 128mb graphics card and 1 gb of ram. Im hoping to run baron on it next year and wondered if there would be a problem with this.

Pentium M works just fine with gr level ;) trust me I know.. lol

Ok so I have integrated 64mg graphics and smoothing doesnt work.. but what the hell with the resolution it looks good and smoothing doesnt seem important.

Fred

Originally posted by Eric B'Hymer

Yeah, yours should be able to do smoothing. It's the Intel Integrated Graphics Chips that are pretty bad, not the processor.

YEAH 128 should be plenty. Although they claim 64 will as well however it wont with mine..

Maybe because its integrated graphics.. Im unsure.

Back