5/16/04 NOW NE

Storms moving off, clearing in KS

Those storms reported firing up near O'Neill has moved off into SD. They were too weak to support any supercell characteristics. In the meantime, the GOES-12 visible satellite shows some nice clearing and a large area of cumulus clouds in KS. Once the cloud cover over NE moves off, there should be sufficient daytime heating to help the storms to develop. Stay put for now. No watches have been put out yet, either. 8) LJK.

2:30 pm cdt and currently in North Platte, NE about to head out northeast to Broken Bow, NE and maybe just a little north of there and see what kind of trouble we can get in! :wink:

THE NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER HAS ISSUED A
TORNADO WATCH FOR PORTIONS OF

WESTERN KANSAS
SOUTH AND SOUTH CENTRAL NEBRASKA

EFFECTIVE THIS SUNDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING FROM 315 PM UNTIL 1000
PM CDT.

Storms firing up in KS

Looks like the action is starting way off to the SW of the Target Area today. Storms are firing up near Goodland KS and moving to the northeast. Also see some clouds coming up near McCook, NE. I see from the previous post we have a TORN watch box set up for Western KS and Southwest NE.

David, you better stay in North Platte and see what these storms will do.

8)

I spoke with David D to advise of the tornado watch and turn him around. He is heading towards the lexington storm although I'm not sure of his current position since he is no longer answering his cell.

Back