3/19 DISC: S. Plains

If anyone is planning on commuting eastbound out of DFW, FORGET IT.
Ive been monitoring ATC and meteorologists have implemented a full gound stop on all eastbound flights out of DFW. As of 20:30Z there are upwards of 25-30 planes parked on the eastside taxiway with engines shut down.

EDIT: just as posting, theyre telling several flights to start back up

DFW ATC Control LIVE

SPC mentions a possibility of a derecho with these storms to the west. Any opinions on that? My place would be in the cross hairs. Perhaps I should run now :blink:

Apologies, Mods, if I put this in the wrong place, but I took a few brief time-lapses this afternoon and evening from Lubbock. They clearly show the extreme directional shear in today's west Texas atmosphere, as well as the moisture streaming to the west and northwest across the panhandle. I wish I could have taken them for longer, but such is life.

http://www.webpages.ttu.edu/kevwalte/TimeLapse/

Just click on the file and it should open on your PC.

Cheers,
K

Kathryn Piotrowski ~

Strong tornado signature (hook-echo) going into (on the south side) of the city of Uvalde, TX at 10:00pm
[/b]

0410 UVALDE UVALDE TX 2922 9978 CONFIRMED TORNADO TOUCHDOWN. POWER LINES DOWN. TRAILERS TURNED OVER. SOUTHEAST SIDE OF UVALDE.

This event is past, but I have a question...Two of you mention Kathryn Piotrowsky --- why? Was she making a report that you were passing on or what? I just don't understand why you mention her.

Back