2012-05-25 MISC: KS

The track isnt completely accurate on the track of the Rush county tornado.

It started due west of where HWY 4 takes the right and left turn heading west and then moved SSE, then started on the track that the graphics show.

Ive got the video to prove it, Ill be getting it on you tube when editing is complete.

Also, the satellite tornado was on the ground longer than shown.

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/news/display_cmsstory.php?wfo=ddc&storyid=83548&source=0

Last edited by a moderator:
michael, very nice photos. there were also twin tornadoes i beleive a little after the two you documented. I say this because the two I watched were both north of K-4 for their entire life spans. I did not arrive on the storm until it was right over la crosse and then eastward from there so I cannot speak to what happened before then. DDC apparently chose not to document these later tornadoes on their map. they were still in rush county so still in their coverage area. I witnessed 3 tornadoes after the two shown on DDC's map, one of which was quite large, wedge to stovepipe as it shape shifted, and was on the ground for a good 12 min or so. It was moving very slowly

michael, very nice photos. there were also twin tornadoes i beleive a little after the two you documented. I say this because the two I watched were both north of K-4 for their entire life spans. I did not arrive on the storm until it was right over la crosse and then eastward from there so I cannot speak to what happened before then. DDC apparently chose not to document these later tornadoes on their map. they were still in rush county so still in their coverage area. I witnessed 3 tornadoes after the two shown on DDC's map, one of which was quite large, wedge to stovepipe as it shape shifted, and was on the ground for a good 12 min or so. It was moving very slowly

Yes, I also have a couple LTG/night pictures of at least one more tornado that you speak of. I didnt know if it was "CYCLIC REPEATED TORNADOGENESIS" or another tornado all together?
But it was very large as you said.

I am still working on my chase report but here is my chase video of the La Crosse, Kansas tornado and beautiful wall cloud/storm structure. I also included the earlier gustnadoes.

Watch video >

Bill Hark

Nice work Bill,

Can I ask where you were located? I have a feeling I was one of those vehicles up ahead there, but not sure...

Back