2010 DVD - The Whirlwind And The Storm

Rebekah LaBar

The first Green Sky Chaser DVD, "The Whirlwind And The Storm", is now available for pre-sale!

Trailer:

This DVD shows some videos and photos from 2010, including the following tornadoes: April 22 (Goodnight TX), May 24 (Faith SD), May 25 (Walsh CO), May 31 (Campo CO plus a bit from Boise City OK), June 10 (2 in eastern CO), June 13 (Slapout OK), September 15 (Mulvane KS)...as well as plenty of supercell, squall line, large hail (May 10), lightning, and flooding action.

Each day begins with a bit of an overview of the weather, including SPC outlooks, weather maps, radar, and storm reports. More of an overview is given for days with more footage.

I'm still finalizing the DVD, but it should be available for shipping by the end of this week...October 31st at the very latest.

Price until November 8 will be $20 domestic, $25 international. I will be selling the DVD at the National Weather Festival, so I will keep the price down through that weekend, before raising the price by $5.

This is my first DVD, so if you check it out, please let me know what you think! Thanks!

For more details and ordering information, see my website: http://www.greenskychaser.com/sales.htm.

DVD front cover

TWATS_DVD_cover.png

Here's an image of the front cover of the DVD. It will be ready for shipping early next week!

Now Shipping

Bumping up this thread as I have started shipping DVDs.

If you buy one, please feel free to give a review and let me know what you think!

Thanks!

Bump! I will be at the National Weather Festival tomorrow, with DVDs in hand, if you want to check it out.

One more annoying post...for now. :)

The DVD is on sale at $20 until midnight Central Time, at which point I'll be raising the price to $25. I expect I'll bring the price back down to $20 again sometime closer to Christmas.

(As a side note, I'm also selling calendars at $20 until midnight, when that price will go up to $25 due to the place I get them made at raising their prices...and all prints are 20% off until midnight as well)

Here's the link to the marketplace: www.greenskychaser.com/sales.htm
DVD trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDyUxgTBkGk

Amazing! I just got done watching The Whirlwind And The Storm. I knew I was going to be tortured with Campo footage, but there is lots of fantastic tornado footage from other events in this DVD as well. The shots from the Goodnight, TX tornado on April 22 made me wish I was on that storm instead of the one to the north. The May 24 Faith, SD and June 10 Last Chance, CO shots are exquisite as well. Of course the Campo footage steals the show and is just jaw dropping. I found the chapter funny as one of the chasers sounds just like double-rainbow guy (Dean maybe?), although the reactions were certainly justified. I really liked the meteorological summaries at the start of each chapter as it helped set the stage for the footage that was about to come. Inside the case I found a booklet detailing each of the events and the chasers. That was a really nice addition. Overall, Green Sky Chaser's first DVD is a great one with tons of great structure and tornado shots. Its definitely worth a buy.

On Sale Again

I've brought the DVD price back down to $20 ($25 international), including shipping.

This price will last until 11:59 pm CST on December 26th.

Also, I got some calendars printed on a sale price, so am offering a special deal: $30 including the DVD and calendar.

View the specs here: www.greenskychaser.com/sales.htm

PS - Yes, Skip, that was Dean! :) His enthusiasm is great. As an aside, good news for him recently...he just got hired as a forecaster for the Australian Bureau of Meteorology!

Back