2004 Slideshow

Great slideshow Skip! I really enjoyed that, and for more or less REALLY needed that as SDS is at an all time high! Didn't realize that Illinois isn't too bad of chase country, might check it out someday! Anyways, congrats on your first tornado! definitely a beauty, great contrast and didnt look you had to compete with any other chasers, just you and the storm! Great work! Hope to see you on the plains this year, best of luck!

Cool slideshow. It's odd how the camera kept going in and out of focus in those time-lapse images. The storm almost looked like it was pulsing.

I love the mammatus and the rainbow pictures.

Originally posted by Rockwell Schrock
Cool slideshow. It's odd how the camera kept going in and out of focus in those time-lapse images. The storm almost looked like it was pulsing.

I love the mammatus and the rainbow pictures.

Yes, that would be me forgetting to turn the autofocus off. Many lessons were learned in 2004.

Skip,

Pretty nice. I like the zoom on the stills. I'm trying a little zoom and pan on some of mine. Sorry, I'm not putting anything up until I've got the software nailed.

Michael,

I would think that just about any of the movie editing packages will allow stills to be imported in. I know that Pinnacle Studio does this. That's not a plug for Pinnacle though. It's new version (Studio 9 Plus) is still pretty buggy and will crash without notice.

Thanks for posting the web show - you have inspired me to put together something similar - what software did you use for get the medium REs show ?

Thanks

I used Windows Movie Maker, which is a free download from Microsoft. My primary reason was that I wanted something simple and quick to put together (premiere can be such a headache). Anyway, I pushed Windows Movie Maker to its limits when I made that slideshow, so I will probably be using something more advanced next time. Another thing to keep in mind is that movie maker will ONLY export to the WMV format. So you'll have to do some converting or get some new software if you need that in mpg or avi for DVD burning.

Hi Skip

I already have software that does the DVD stuff and have successfully burnt my Australian Chase stuff to DVD - although it falls significantly short of the quality ( both storms and technical ) of the DVD's I have purchased from the USA.

However I was very interested in the WMV format for whipping together a small presentation - just like yours, as my photos are much, much better than my crappy video.

Thanks again for the reply, and I'll start working on the project tonight !

Michael,

Well, we know MS Movie Maker does that. Pinnacle allows several formats for output, Mpeg, WMV,Real Media, streaming format, as well as VCD, VHS, and DVD. I would bet that Ulead, Sony, and others do the same thing.

Fred (fplowman) and David Drummond might be able to shed some light on the other programs.

John

At least I know I'm not the only Collective Soul fan here ;) And Movie Maker is wonderful for quick editing and trimming, etc. But its tough to make anything too serious with it, I use Pinnacle myself and I'm trying to learn Vegas but its hard to stray away from Pinnacle right now

Good job on the slideshow. Really Enjoyed it!

Back