12/28/05 NOW: GA/AL

Was just curious whether anybody else had noticed that GA and AL are totally covered with supercells at this point - some tornadic, I believe?

Time to break out GRLevelIII and see what's really going on.....

There is a t-box in effect, too......

KR

Even if none of those are on the ground those mini-supercells look to be producing awfully large hail with VILD's upwards of 6.00. Very strong mid-level mesocyclone was present for a while on the southern tornado warned cell. Several others cells are showing rotation but have not yet been TOR warned.

I’ve been watching these for a while now. I haven’t really seen any good rotation on radar until now. The cell in eastern Dooly County is showing a TVS signature, and some possible low-level rotation.

EDIT: This cell did produce near the town of Pineview at 2057z

I’ve been watching these for a while now. I haven’t really seen any good rotation on radar until now. The cell in eastern Dooly County is showing a TVS signature, and some possible low-level rotation.

EDIT: This cell did produce near the town of Pineview at 2057z

Very nice cone torando was captured on video from Pineview and was played back on TWC. Rather large for an LP supercell with such little moisture to work with in the PBL.

Back