08/01/06 NOW: NE

Adam Holle

Noticed the recent MD out for cntrl NB. Any experienced insight on this development?

Yes, the visible loop shows that convection is imminent in central through northeastern Nebraska. If I were out, which I’m not, I’d still favor a target just east of Sioux City where the best surface moisture along with slightly backed surface flow is located. Storms should initiate between SUX and ODX first, and then build east into NWRN IA as the shortwave approaches.

- bill

The tittle may need to be expanded to include Minnesota, Looks like a nice cell has gone up along the front is south central Minnesota. This from the NWS in the Twin Cities:
AT 740 PM...A TORNADO CREATING DEBRIS WAS REPORTED SOUTH OF ST
JAMES.[/b]
ONE Interesting things is that lcl's are quite low (600-800 per latest mesoanalysis) compared to alot of this years events, gotta love those dewpoints.

I really wasn't even looking for much today, but after the tornado warning went up in Minn. i started watching the radar and that storms has had some nice rotation on it for a good hour now with 2 reports of tornadoes and also one funnel report.

Looking at the Meso analysis, i see low LCLs, Mod. SB cape of 1500-2500 across Southern Minn and also 150-200 0-1 helicity. So, overall, this doesn't appear to be that bad of a setup now unfolding compared with earlier ones from this year. Hopefully someone is out in the area.

Back