06/10/2010 NOW: CO, NE, WY

cdcollura

EF5
Good day all,

MD and WW (Tornado Watch) is in place with NE Colorado being the prime area for tornadic supercells this evening. Two nice cells (both severe warned and with rotation) have developed on the Palmer Divide NE of Denver and moving NE into the better moisture.

Another isolated severe cell is east of Pueblo. The main focus appeared to be northeast of Denver along and near the I-76 corridor / into SW NE and SE WY as well.

Absolutely amazing storm east of Denver this afternoon. This thing had a huge barrel meso with a tornado earlier. This storm will produce some of the best pictures of the season without a doubt. If you were in the right position, you could have seriously gotten pics that are meant to be on the cover of books. Those filled out barrel mesos with tornadoes and no rain in the updraft are so rare. The guys that got that storm are extremely lucky. In my opinion that is about the greatest prize in storm chasing aside from an F5. I can't wait to see some of these pictures.

Anyone catch that supernumerary rainbow just a short time ago? Near Rocky Mountain Arsenal
BTW, its about time Denver got a little something

Back