03/09/06 NOW: Ok, Ark, Tx, and Mississippi / Tenn Valley

Originally posted by Brandon Clement
I dont see anything more than a squall line buzzing through in the next hour or two. Unless a cell fires out in front I will just be viewing this one from my house.

Seem to be some pops ahead of the squall. A mesoscale discussion I read not too long ago predicted this would happen.

I'm watching my chase target (in the Forecast Game) pretty closely. North of the LA, MS corner of a border.

We'll see if those blips on the radar can actually grow into something more mature.

There is some rotation in the line just to the north I20. I'm also seeing a little cell trying to get going about 30 miles SW of Jackson but nothing even close to impressive. I doubt anything fires between the line and Jackson. I actually think that there is a chance that a few storms MAY fire in SW Mississippi where the instability is a bit higher. If the sun would have come out this morning I think this would be a different game.

While I highly doubt the 95 mph storm motion is accurate, I do believe a 50-70mph speed is more likely. One heck of a bow just went through Columbus, MS with 73mph winds. Also, town in MS is reported an unkown number of injuries at an elementray school whose roof was ripped off.

I'm impressed by the sharp dropoff of dewpoints that this squall line is moving toward. Apparent downsloping off of the mountains. 71/27 in Jackson, Kentucky for example. Almost like a reverse dryline. 66/-2 in Lonesome Pine (LNP), although that looks suspect.

Everything should be gone in a couple of hours when it hits that, at least north of the TN/GA line.

Back