Windshield Wiper Blades

I did a search, and while there were a few threads that touched on a specific brand of windshield wiper blades, I never found a thread that covered what people thought were the best windshield wiper blades. I bring this up because a few months ago I bought some new ones, and they just are not doing the job. The ones I have don't evenly remove water so I end up with streaks right on the driver side portion of the window. While this may not make or break a chase, it certainly can be a nuisance.

So what do you think are the best windshield wiper blades?

Last edited by a moderator:
I used BOSCH on my last vehicle. They were like 30 bucks a blade but I had them for 4 years and they worked perfect the whole time. Even when my back window was entirely covered with wet mud the blade would wipe it clean with one swipe.

Ive also heard good things about the rain-x blades.

For my money, Rain-X Latitude blades can't be beat. Great visibility in even very heavy rain. Link below.

I found a pair of wipers that used the same general design as the Latitude....the continuous pressure type with spring loaded metal backing, but were not Rain-X and was much cheaper. They were at a local NAPA store, but I am sure that local availability changes, but if you look around you might find these. The ones I used worked seriously good during both winter and summer conditions. I put them on the van just before my 2006 plains chase expedition.

A bit off topic, but here's something I learned the hard way: always, always, ALWAYS keep a spare set of blades somewhere in your car. Large enough hail tends to trash blades -- literally knock the rubber off of them. Nothing is more fun than driving through buckets of rain, leaning over to see out the passenger side of the windscreen, trying to find an open auto parts store in rural Nebraska at 6PM on a Sunday. :)

A bit off topic, but here's something I learned the hard way: always, always, ALWAYS keep a spare set of blades somewhere in your car. Large enough hail tends to trash blades -- literally knock the rubber off of them. Nothing is more fun than driving through buckets of rain, leaning over to see out the passenger side of the windscreen, trying to find an open auto parts store in rural Nebraska at 6PM on a Sunday. :)

Man, that's some good advice that I'm going to follow! As far as the brand and model I think is the best? PIAA Super Sporza Silicone with Spoiler Wiper Blades. They ain't cheap, but they work great. I just have this mental image of a hail stone crushing my wiper blades now...

I used BOSCH on my last vehicle. They were like 30 bucks a blade but I had them for 4 years and they worked perfect the whole time. Even when my back window was entirely covered with wet mud the blade would wipe it clean with one swipe.

I will second that.. I loved my Bosch Blades. 1 run across would clear it up totally.. Also worked well in HP situations..

I've stuck with the Rain-X (standard) blades for quite some time. I replace in Feb and October (just in time for chasing and just in time for snow), and rarely have a problem.

Back