Wild times in the U.P

A major blizzard situation unfolded thismorning across the Keweenaw and the northern half of the U.P of Mich. It came on fast and furious in the predawn hours with a strong pressure drop followed by a wall of wind and heavy snow along with an equally impressive pressure rise. Below is a summary from the Keweenaw Research Station located close to CMX and is just a couple of miles from Calumet. You may want to check this out soon as the data is time sensitive. The winds were impressive as you'll see by clicking on the link.

http://www.mtukrc.org/weather.htm

Its looking like a colder than normal weather pattern will persist for the next ten days, I do see a potentially significant warming trend after that period which may lead up to a milder than normal Christmas... I hope I'm wrong... I'll be heading back to the Keweenaw from 12/27 through the first week of Jan. Skiing is a MUST for me this year so hopefully we'll see some semblance of winter to continue.

Rocky&family

Looks like it's not lasting long enough to meet blizzard criteria, but frequent gusts to 60+mph means it's not fun regardless :>

Back