Whatever Happened to NCEP 4km WRF Reflectivity? Other Forecast Hi-Res Options...

Does anyone know why the NCEP link for the 4km WRF forecast reflectivity product no longer works? I assume it is because it was phased out and replaced with something else? http://www.emc.ncep.noaa.gov/mmb/mpyle/spcprod/00/

I still have the NSSL 4km WRF which works, but feel I am missing out as these often presented different viewpoints: http://www.nssl.noaa.gov/wrf/

Other than having to pay Weather Bell for a subscription what good Hi Res convection forecast model links do you have 4km, 3km, or 1km - particularly WRF I suppose. I already have HRRR.

Thanks

The graphics at that site still show up for me. Have you visited the site in awhile? Perhaps you need to delete your cache.

Yea it still works for me too, but every now and then it wont, especially on a day when I really want to check it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still works for me as well. However, note that the model isn't operational. Over the past week, I have noticed a lot of missed cycles.

"Due to the computing needs of some coming operational implementations, this run likely will become less timely, and will have more missed cycles. After 3/20, there will be many more missed cycles."

Still works for me as well. However, note that the model isn't operational. Over the past week, I have noticed a lot of missed cycles.

"Due to the computing needs of some coming operational implementations, this run likely will become less timely, and will have more missed cycles. After 3/20, there will be many more missed cycles."

It has been that way for quite awhile now...since at least the previous chase season.

Update: I managed to get this to work in Firefox when I completely cleared all cache, history, cookies, etc. However it keeps not working again consistently after a short period of time. Chrome seems to do a better job...but I usually use Firefox for chase related stuff. Anyway....

Back