Weatherbit.io - JSON API's for Forecasts, and Historical Data.

Colin Craig

Enthusiast
Hello !

We have built a high volume weather data service called https://www.weatherbit.io. We have JSON API's for 16 days/5 day/ 24 hour forecasts for any point on the globe. Along with hourly historical observations going back 5 years. We also have a generous free tier if anyone is interested in trying it out. The Free tier allows up to 45 calls per minute. Yes, you can really make 64,000 calls per day on the free tier without us batting an eye ;).

Our historical data is backfilled, and quality controlled. We have data for over 28,000 stations, and allow geographic based searches via the API (along with bulk requests).

We currently support JSON, and JSONP.

Check us out here -> https://www.weatherbit.io

Thanks!

Interesting... I see you note that you have the most accurate weather forecasts available anywhere. Can you post your verification statistics? Is that claim valid for all 16 days? Did you really verify this against every forecast source available?

Interesting... I see you note that you have the most accurate weather forecasts available anywhere. Can you post your verification statistics? Is that claim valid for all 16 days? Did you really verify this against every forecast source available?

I second that, it is always interesting to see these new sites pop up providing weather forecasts while making the claim that they provide the most accurate forecast. At the same time, it raises a red flag when such claims are made without any data or source provided to back that up. If any company, or even a person, is going to go as far as to make such a claim like that, then they need to provide the data/source that backs up that claim. Just my opinion.

Hey guys. I've been a lurker for quite sometime here using my time to learn and digest the wealth of quality postings on our forum. I was researching this API trying to find their data sourcing and funny enough one of my first google searches pointed to this thread (#1 result return). Seeing that the author of this post failed to follow up... I thought I'd share the following Mar 10, 2017 posting (Where can you find Quality Historical Data?) via their blog which describes / answers some of the "quality" claims their making.

Back