Users Suspended: New "get tough" on ST courtesy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious about ST "user suspended".

ST-user-suspended.png

While I agree that Shane's pooping in the thread may have indicated a symptom of an abusive personality ;), I'm not sure it rises to the level of deserving a suspension. Ben's retort: ditto. And if Ben's retort was worthy of suspension, then I guess Robert Dewey will be next.

Just curious: Is this some new "get tough" on ST courtesy policy, or just an newbie/ outlier moderator with a God Complex?

For the record, I'm in favor of moderation but it is normally handled first with editing and personal communication (before the ban hammer is used). Perhaps I'm reading this wrong and the suspensions occurred for some other infraction. Just seemed quite a coincidence to me that two users should comment one after the other that are both suspended in this thread.

Yes, the suspensions occurred in another thread... from what I gathered via Facebook chatter. It was one of those "you're a Nazi... no, UR A NOTZI!" threads.

I seen the suspensions in that hockey thread, and figured it was my chance to make a jab a NASCAR without receiving any response ;)

OK, thanks for the background. Then as Emily Litella used to say "Nevermind!"

Also: LOL on your "skittles in a toilet" comment. (But remember, drivers are
"athletes"!)

LOL I was just asking a legitimate question of Shane :)

Plus I never got an explanation of my ban. I assume it's the thread I jokingly posted. Oh wells.

Guys, I'm just going to go ahead and lock this thread. This discussion is actually in violation of one of ST's rules:
2. Prohibited content
* Public discussion, complaining, or contesting of a specific infraction or administrative action, whether concerning oneself or another user.

I'm not taking any action against anyone about this thread. I want everyone to cool down and let this thing die. If you guys want to discuss this thread further, I ask that you do so via PM, chat, blog, etc. Like I said, I'm just want to try get things back under control around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back