Tornado History Project - WOW

Just wanted to let you all know that I have upgraded the website to allow users to search for tornadoes that include user submitted items such as photos, videos, news/historical accounts, and chase logs. To search them you must use the Historical Tornado Database section (not the Historical Map section). Once your search is submitted, click on the column headings for photo (P), video (V), etc and the output will be sorted appropriately between tornado records that contain links and those that do not. Currently there aren't many tornadoes that do link to photos, videos, etc, but as time goes on I expect the number to increase.

On a related note, I have also upgraded the comment submission area so that users can appropriately classify their comment as one that contains photo, video, etc... I don't know if I'm describing it very good, but once you see it, it will be easy to use.

Does anyone know or talk to Josh? This was a valuable resource I routinely utilized. I'd be happy to pay for the server hosting if he'd like to transfer the site's source and database. I wouldn't have time to maintain it regularly, but it could be a community effort as well.

Maybe it could even be hosted here on Stormtrack.

Last edited:
Does anyone know or talk to Josh? This was a valuable resource I routinely utilized. I'd be happy to pay for the server hosting if he'd like to transfer the site's source and database. I wouldn't have time to maintain it regularly, but it could be a community effort as well.

Maybe it could even be hosted here on Stormtrack.

Is anyone collecting donations? Is there opportunity to contribute?

I wonder what happened to this website.

** Edit **

I see now. Some of the posts were hidden on my end.

I hope they bring the website back. Sounds like they are working on something.

Back